Great cab for powerhead

• EVM12L is great in a Thiele Cab with the Kemper.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I like the EV in the Boogie halfback cab. Now, I also have a RedSound which has a dual concentric speaker.

On comparing the two, the EV shines (powered by a Palmer Macht 402) with it's fat, great upper mid presence,

while the Redsound is more 'HiFi' but still eminently playable, too !

• Oh I would never design my live sound with my cab - unless I was playing live with my cab. I'm just saying it's the best way to play at home and sounds fantastic.

If I am playing live - I design my sound with my headphones or in ears and it translates perfectly. You can run that sound through a cab to kick you in the pant legs if you want - but I wouldn't expect it to translate very well - and there's also no need for it to if it's just for feel.

• Oh I would never design my live sound with my cab - unless I was playing live with my cab. I'm just saying it's the best way to play at home and sounds fantastic.

If I am playing live - I design my sound with my headphones or in ears and it translates perfectly. You can run that sound through a cab to kick you in the pant legs if you want - but I wouldn't expect it to translate very well - and there's also no need for it to if it's just for feel.

To each his own.. The kemper sounds great direct out into the house mix, BUT as a player, the monitors (same goes with my experience with FRFR cabs like Mission Engineering, Friedman Powered Cab, etc..) just don't have the right "bounce and feel" at loud volumes. The Nearfield studio monitors sound a react great at low volume, but I've never liked the soun(again- feel) through a full range cab. Even forced myself to only play thru pwered FRF cabs, the very moment I plug into a reg guitar cab, boom! There it is! Keep in mind I only use a few tones, all designed and profiled through V30's. so it works for me..obviously will color the sound, and I would probably do FRFR if I was playing in a cover band, etc.. So in short (long), the "feel" for me is just as important as the tone..

• This is kinda late to this post but if you're willing to go 2x12 I recently bought a peavey invective cab which is misha mansoors sig cab and it sounds killer with every di and merged profile I put through it. It's a v30 and a 75 watt creamback and they fit each other so well. If you can find one to try out I recomend it

• This is kinda late to this post but if you're willing to go 2x12 I recently bought a peavey invective cab which is misha mansoors sig cab and it sounds killer with every di and merged profile I put through it. It's a v30 and a 75 watt creamback and they fit each other so well. If you can find one to try out I recomend it

Yes! I agree 1005..I played through it, couldn't afford it, and really wanted more portablity..

• EVM12L is great in a Thiele Cab with the Kemper.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is the cab sim on or off through the cab? I also have a crate 1x 12 with a 100W Celestian...sounds like total garbage (cab sim off)...Your cab has the 200W EV?