New to Kemper. I have a quick question.

• Kemper released an update a few months ago allowing you to select between 44.1-96khz so I assume it sounds best when the Kemper and interface are matched up.

the sample rate setting is only relevant for recording with SP/DIF.

As others said, I guess Space is the 'issue'. Space adds a very short ambiance that makes listening through headphones much more enjoyable.
    Space is only present on the HEADPHONE output - unless you de-select the tick box "Space>HeadphOnly" in the OUTPUT menu, page 5/7.

• the sample rate setting is only relevant for recording with SP/DIF.

As others said, I guess Space is the 'issue'. Space adds a very short ambiance that makes listening through headphones much more enjoyable.
    Space is only present on the HEADPHONE output - unless you de-select the tick box "Space>HeadphOnly" in the OUTPUT menu, page 5/7.

Told ya, the KPA through headphones with "Space" has special sauce that no one knows the recipe to. Always appreciated...never duplicated!

• Check that global pure cab is switched off. I think it’s set at 3 by default. It’s a soft button in one of the menus. As for Space: it’s just a preference setting. Just check what level it’s at in your headphones out, and you can try matching that value in your output to see if it makes the 2 sound closer. I don’t have my Kemper with me right now so I can’t remember exactly where the sample rate adjustment is, but looking through the output menu is probably the place. I’m sure someone can chime in with specifics.

I got it set! Stereo via main out 2 xlr to 2 tracks L20 (L20 eq set at flat), full pure cab, full character, matched volumes, mirror sounds. I set everything else to the specs you said. Thank you and thank all of you! Time to record.

• Told ya, the KPA through headphones with "Space" has special sauce that no one knows the recipe to. Always appreciated...never duplicated!

no 'special sauce', no 'mojo', no mystery.

Space was added as a feature to the HEADPHONE output to make using headphones more enjoyable and less fatiguing.

There are enough myths and plain misinformation about the PROFILER out there, please don't add to it.

If you want to have this effect on the MAIN OUTS for recording, simply put SPACE as an effect in one of the effect slots (making it a per Rig choice), or de-select the tick box "Space>HeadphOnly" in the OUTPUT menu, page 5/7 (making it a global choice).

SPACE as explained in the manual:

"The “Space” parameter adds a small room simulation to the master signal. This makes listening through headphones far more enjoyable.

A brief explanation: whenever you listen to a sound coming from loudspeakers, you are also hearing the reflections from the floor, the walls and objects around you. Even when you listen to a mono signal, these additional reflections will still result in a stereo image once they reach your ears. There is only one common situation where no natural reflections happen, and that is when you listen through headphones; as your ears are, biologically speaking, not suited to this, it can quickly lead to listener fatigue. This effect is called “in-the-head localization”, and becomes particularly noticeable when you listen to a mono signal.

By using the Space effect, you can add virtual reflections, to create a sense of room and natural space. A mono signal will be converted to a subtle stereo image, which should be far more pleasing to your ears. Even though this effect is designed for headphones, you may also find it appropriate for listening through regular speakers, or for recording. By selecting the option “Space>HeadphOnly”, you can select whether it is applied to the HEADPHONE output only, or to the MAIN OUTPUTS as well.

You can also apply the Space effect to individual Rigs, rather than activating it globally in the Output Section. In this case, simply use the TYPE knob to select it in either the X or MOD effect.

The Space effect is also very useful for improving the sound of in-ear monitors on stage. Unfortunately, in most situations, both stage-monitoring and FOH are derived from the MAIN OUTPUTS - as a result, the effect will appear on the main PA as well. As long as you use Space at a suitably low Intensity setting, it will not be noticeable on the PA sound, but will still create a reasonable effect on your in-ear monitors. Needless to say, the monitor signal must be supplied in stereo for Space to have the desired effect."

• Correction, did not get it. For one amp, matched it. Tried others, no-go. Maybe I should try out the S/PDIF? I just want a consistent mirror sound. Lol. Tall order given the parameters.

Welcome to the forums, ResidentCarbon!

Pure cab is not the solution here. I have similar issues when I try to connect my headphones to my audio interface instead of my Kemper.

What you could try is turning off headphone space in the output section (option may be space on all outputs or something like that, away from Kemper at the moment) and then raising that parameter so that it is routed to your regular outputs.

Just keep in mind if you do any recording to turn on headphone space again, otherwise you will have slight reverb on all your tracks!

• Wow, Thanks for putting me up on a billboard as starting something bad for the KPA. It was a little humor, have nothing but tried to help the guy out. Your the boss, sorry Sir..............

• Wow, Thanks for putting me up on a billboard as starting something bad for the KPA. It was a little humor, have nothing but tried to help the guy out. Your the boss, sorry Sir..............

I do not doubt you only had the best intentions and in itself the post is innocent enough,

but... ;)

'information' like this is easily taken out of context and repeated somewhere else and boom - new myth.

so my reply wasn't as much directed against you as it was a clear statement that there is nothing special or mysterious about the HEADPHONE output.