Is there a way to AB edits to the original in Performance mode?

• Some background:

I have been using the KPA for almost 3 years with my DAW and on rehearsals only (basically as an amp without using the onboard fx).

After a tour to China and some bad experiences with backline amps I took the plunge and started the process of trying to recreate the sounds of my pedal board and amp in the KPA. Next I bought a Atomic CLR neo wedge that I place in front of me on stage.

We're 6 shows into the tour and I'm really happy with the results. Some sounds are not quite there yet but some others are better than before.

Back to the question:

My performances are songs and the slots are song parts. Whenever I feel that a rig could be improved and I've tweaked like 20+ settings, I would like to be able AB the new sound back with the previously saved version to see if it's really better and also to check if the level is still the same.

I thought that using snapshots would be the thing to do here but this seems to only work in Browse mode. But I don't see why I should spend any more time in Browse mode now that everything is set up. I live in performance mode.

So I was thinking that I could just 'save as' to a free slot (when available) and AB that way but I can also not find a way to do that. I can only save the slot over the current slot or save the entire performance to a different one, but that is really not an elegant way of doing this. And it would also not allow me to AB quickly with the remote unless I then copy the slot from the copied performance and paste it in the original performance so the old and new rig/slot are next to each other.

This is the only part of the workflow that is not working for me so I hope that there is an elegant way to achieve this.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• I'm not familiar with Perfomance Mode so I can only speak for Browse Mode. I've read that you don't want to use it and I can understand it, but with the remote you can also scroll through the rigs in Browse Mode. So the solution could be to store the rigs which you like to compare with the same name and an index number at the end (or whatever to seperate them visually) within the browse pool. If you sort by name they will sit right next to each other so you can easily compare them via the remote.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• You might try duplicating a performance into the slot above or below. Tweak one slot ( what you tweak doesn't matter - could be the rig, effects, stomps, cab, whatever) in that performance, and then you are one click away from the original. In re-reading your post, you do say that it isn't elegant, but it is possible. I sometimes do something similar to this and will use rig manager to drag the performance in question 'to the end of the line' so that its not disrupting the flow and order of my other performances, then I will drag the performance back in order once I am done.

• Thank you for the suggestions. I had hoped that there is a simple way to do this but it looks like there isn’t.

The biggest problem is that I will have to premeditate if 1 tweak will lead to many and adopt a strategy based on that.

I find it especially strange that there’s no way to store unto another slot. That seems quite easy to implement. Maybe I’ll post a feature request.

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.