Saved a Rig Pack with this.

• Have a pack of a couple dozen profiles of this amp that I love.... BUT, it has this inherent 'ice picky' artifact now and then. Talked about this before and have been trying to fix it with EQs. Have mades things much better..... BUT, it's still there now and then. Stumbled across the easiest of fixes - even though I'm not 100% sure why it worked - that's allowed me to back off on the EQ as well as pure cab. Drum roll.....

In the Amp Stack I increased compression from 0.8 to 1.2 and decreased pick from <0.0> to -0.2.

That's it. I may have just stumbled across a missing link to help my monitoring setup better cope with hi-gain rigs. 8|

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

Edited once, last by don1960lp ().

• Still haven't fully wrapped my head around how exactly 'pick' works on a signal processing level. The speed at which it can follow your playing and then either smooth over or sharpen the attack, irregardless of the frequency or level of the input, is crazy!

Could you get the same results with an outboard piece of gear so that your 'pick' setting could be global?

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams