HH Modded Crate Power Block Profiles - Tell me what you think:

• The Crate Power Block is a discontinued class D guitar amp head, which has surprisingly good tones, ranging from Clean to Full-Out Solo. This particular amp was modded by yours truly to have even more gain, but less unnatural fizz.... Hope you enjoy! 8o

All modelers known to man 8o

• Just so everyone understands - Any tones I post here become weapons in the hands of my potential competitor. That is why you don't see major artists posting their serious presets before the world....Duh....Think about it.... Duh.... :thumbup:

• then we're very grateful for your generosity, i'll try em tonight

I have to say personally that my guitar style is so er idiosyncratic (crap) that I don't think of anyone else as competitors, just more blessed :D

• Just so everyone understands - Any tones I post here become weapons in the hands of my potential competitor. That is why you don't see major artists posting their serious presets before the world....Duh....Think about it.... Duh.... :thumbup:

Why is that so, Radley?
    Why always this talk about competition (I mean in general, not you personally).

I never understood why many musicians are so secretive about their gear and settings.

Give two different guys the same guitar, same pickups, same cable, same amp, same pic and they will sound totally different.
    Heck, some profiles that sound great with you guys sound like shit when I play em. And my favorite profile that is a souped up JCM800 (which is perfect for my style of play) is pretty much unusable for at least 2 buddies I sent it to.

I mean, what's the deal? Either one can play or not. The equipment won't change a crappy player...
    So even if you posted you're best profiles - they still might not work for me as I still wouldn't sound like you.

(Note: I'm not arguing, just wondering) :)

• Many men are still chasing the old Van Halen tone, Edward never really told them how he did it. Many men are probably chasing the Hadley Hockensmith tone so he shouldn't have to tell all the men how he gets it either.

• BTW: I recorded these profiles direct - I used the Crate's onboard cab emulation on all but the clean Rig. Some may prefer to substitute real Cab models (Till's cabs always come to mind). As always, these were done using headphones so they may need a bit of tweaking for FR speakers.

• I love the clean one Radley it sounds killer with my fernandes sustainer. nice and warm tone yet can brighten up at any point with a harder strike on the strings great expressive profile . Thanks for these

• Chris - Please tell me what you didn't care for regarding the distorted profiles. Was it the LPF.... too much high end? Even though the Power Block's preamp is solid state w/diode clipping, many users like the quality of distortion, including myself.

• I like these. I took off all of the efx and like just the raw sound. I bypasses the low pass filter and thought it sounded pretty good after rolling back the treble. But still good with that engaged.

• I like these. I took off all of the efx and like just the raw sound. I bypasses the low pass filter and thought it sounded pretty good after rolling back the treble. But still good with that engaged.

Thanks for your input - 'I aims to pleaze'! Working with headphones is always a bit of guesswork when it comes to the ultra-highs & fizz - sometimes a LPF sounds great thru the phones, but is too midsy thru studio monitors....

• Its a pretty good balance, but I am not afraid of some top end and bite ya know. Without the filter I def would roll off some presence, but they sounded good without the filter too, a little less masked on the top end. But ultimatelly I kept it as is just bypassed the efx since I just record dry. thanks for the profiles!

• actually I change that, on the high gain patch, I bypassed the low filter, and think it breaths sooo much better now, with it, sounded more processed and a little less life, without it, sounds much more alive, more to my liking.... perhaps a difference in guitar pickups

• actually I change that, on the high gain patch, I bypassed the low filter, and think it breaths sooo much better now, with it, sounded more processed and a little less life, without it, sounds much more alive, more to my liking.... perhaps a difference in guitar pickups

Thanks - I think the phones tend to exaggerate fizziness, and that's why I enlisted the LPF.... but I definitely trust your ears through good monitors more than my ears through Sony headphones... 8o

• I used to have a Power Block (and kind of wish I still did), it was a cool little amp, with a LOT of power for it's size!

Modded for more gain? I'll definitely be trying these out later!