Is there any way to totally bypass the Kemper preamp when profiling ?

• Is there any way to totally bypass the Kemper preamp when profiling ? Especially when you are susing an external preamp or a DI signel.

• Is there any way to totally bypass the Kemper preamp when profiling ? Especially when you are susing an external preamp or a DI signel.

Do you mean bypass the Kemper preamp or the amp preamp? You talk about DI which is confusing me.......

If you mean can you separate the Kemper amp stack from the cabs - yes. If you mean can you defeat the amp section - what would be the point of that? You'd just get a cab with no input - unless you mean can you play an amp (or preamp) into the KPA and use the different cabs from the KPA - well yes. It's called profiling.........

• i got the answer from tech support:
    If you use the TRS return jack, the preamp is bypassed.....so that's where you plug your avalon preamp :)

• I think he means is there a way to bypass the XLR Mic Pre on the rear chassis during user Amp profiling sequence.

I believe the answer is no.

So consider this when thinking of using your favorite outboard Avalon Mic Pre for making KPA Amp profiles.

It would be good to know how profiles compare between onboard and external mic preamp - can you let us know?