1.0.7 - Noise gate - Produces noise!

• Hi Guys,

I am getting some strange noises out of the noise gate when using the compressor!

Sounds a bit like a geiger counter.

I would like to include an audio file but cannot seem to find a way ?(

It is always around the point that the nurse gate cuts in fully.

Cheers

Andy

• Even without any cable connected to the input?
    Have you tried changing it?

In the end you have this strange sound only when compressor and gate are switched on together, while you don't when one of the two is turned off, right?

• While it is OK with cleans, currently the noise gate is useless with high gain tones. It would be nice to be able to select a few other algorithms. A simple gate with threshold, attack and release controls would be very nice. IMHO of course.

• I've experienced it too. I had it in 1.06 too. Not sure if I had it before that.

I'm out of town for a couple days so I'm going from memory but I know that when I increased the compressor's first parameter (I believe its "compression") and trimmed the gain a little it helped, so I dimed the compression setting and then adjusted its mix parameter - for a temporary fix. I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on but you can experience it with my Gilmour rig in the exchange.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• You can also get some weird stuff happening with single note decays - noise gate premature cut offs I get - turn down the gate a little, but also unnatural things like the decay begins and then the compressor kicks in an elevated sustain level. Its like the gate and compressor can get real glitchy sounding like they're fighting over what to do with the signal when decaying a gainy signal.

Anyone else getting this too?

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• Any gate does that if you put it in front of the comp...maybe the solution would be to be able to select the position of it in the signal chain....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I am also getting the 'geiger counter' clicking and also had it with 6.0... In general, the stomp boosts, ODs and compressor seem to confuse/leak through the gate somehow. This NR seems different (maybe a different operating principle) than most of my modelers.

All modelers known to man 8o

• I am also getting the 'geiger counter' clicking and also had it with 6.0... In general, the stomp boosts, ODs and compressor seem to confuse/leak through the gate somehow. This NR seems different (maybe a different operating principle) than most of my modelers.

IMO, the noise gate needs a complete rework according to today's standards... because the current one is everything but not satisfying at all... even the cheap old Line6 PODs have an amazing noise gate for years...

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• Getting the same geiger counter sound here, too. Compression exacerbates it because it makes the quiet signals louder, but i can still hear it with no compressor if i listen closely.
    Completely agree with richaxes this noise gate is horrid and an insult to the otherwise stellar quality of the machine. They must have outsourced the noise gate design to the British because this
    is not up to German engineering standards at all.

• Getting the same geiger counter sound here, too.... Completely agree with richaxes this noise gate is horrid and an insult to the otherwise stellar quality of the machine. They must have outsourced the noise gate design to the British because this
    is not up to German engineering standards at all.

LOL! 8o8o8o

All modelers known to man 8o

• This is a funny thread, especially for someone who doesn't use a noise gate. :)

Use less compressor/boost/OD/distortion/fuzz stomps at the same time, use less gain, improve your tone instantly...no need to clean your 'mess' up with a noisegate. :D (ducking for cover)

I've been "Hadleyerized"

;)