Remove latency from transpose pitch pedal

• I think all the pitch effects harmonys are gash if I'm honest.

The tracking seems really poor and I get warbles in the shifted signal.

It reminds me of the digitech stuff I was using in 1994.

I was expecting a lot better if I'm honest, and in my opinion it's the worst kemper feature. I love the amps speakers and reverb delays

I think the stomps modulation and harmony pitches are average at best. To the point I don't use them.

Even the pod he sounded better

• Are you sure you're using them correctly?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I use pitch shift for +1 and -1 for live gigs instead of having three guitars. Works fine as anything. It is not possible to be perfect. I just don’t use the Transpose inside the rig (as opposed to slot A) because it doesn’t show on the remote. I almost got fired from a major label gig for starting a song in the wrong key (Transpose was set in the rig menu but not visible on remote)

• I use pitch shift for +1 and -1 for live gigs instead of having three guitars. Works fine as anything. It is not possible to be perfect. I just don’t use the Transpose inside the rig (as opposed to slot A) because it doesn’t show on the remote. I almost got fired from a major label gig for starting a song in the wrong key (Transpose was set in the rig menu but not visible on remote)

Also use it live to transpose -1 or -2. It is not perfect, but you get used to the latency surprising quickly and it works. Record the result and you will see it is tracking very well unless you start using odd distorted chords.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I use transpose in the rig menu.

@Guitartone am i doing right?

When I use +1 -1 transpose it works quite well, but when I use more than that, the sound becomes weird. Is more noticiable in chords.

I try to make up with the eq but it does nor work for me.

• Just to clarify my issue and suggested improvement - this is the latency when using the pedal for pitch shift. For example moving quickly from heel to toe to jump an octave (or two), there is a noticeable lag for the pitch to catch up which really means the effect in unusable for some situations.

• Just to clarify my issue and suggested improvement - this is the latency when using the pedal for pitch shift. For example moving quickly from heel to toe to jump an octave (or two), there is a noticeable lag for the pitch to catch up which really means the effect in unusable for some situations.

Are you using your expression pedal as a multifunction pedal (eg morph to wah, wah to pitch etc.)? This has caused me lag in the past. Also, the pedal attached to the Remote has more lag than when it is attached directly to the pedal inputs on the back of the KPA. Try experimenting and you might find a way that works better than how you currently use it.

• Are you using your expression pedal as a multifunction pedal (eg morph to wah, wah to pitch etc.)? This has caused me lag in the past. Also, the pedal attached to the Remote has more lag than when it is attached directly to the pedal inputs on the back of the KPA. Try experimenting and you might find a way that works better than how you currently use it.

I'm using a pedal in a Behringer FCB with EurekaProm. I've tried setting as a pitch pedal, and as wah to pitch, but doesn't make a difference. Perhaps it's just an artifact of using the FCB, but using as a wah and volume works flawlessly (albeit it would not be as obvious in those modes).

• I'm using a pedal in a Behringer FCB with EurekaProm. I've tried setting as a pitch pedal, and as wah to pitch, but doesn't make a difference. Perhaps it's just an artifact of using the FCB, but using as a wah and volume works flawlessly (albeit it would not be as obvious in those modes).

I see. Yes, there could be quite a few variables at work, then, aside from any inherent latency of the KPA.

• I use transpose in the rig menu.

@Guitartone am i doing right?

When I use +1 -1 transpose it works quite well, but when I use more than that, the sound becomes weird. Is more noticiable in chords.

I try to make up with the eq but it does nor work for me.

Try using the smooth chords tick box in the stomp section transpose. This is not available in the rig section for some reason and limits that use for me.

Even if you retune your guitar lower, the frequencies will change the sound of the rig and eq might be necessary.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Try using the smooth chords tick box in the stomp section transpose. This is not available in the rig section for some reason and limits that use for me.

Even if you retune your guitar lower, the frequencies will change the sound of the rig and eq might be necessary.

Thanks. I will try that.

:)

• to be fair I'm not 100% sure I'm I'm using it right,

But every now and again there's some fluctuation in the shifted signal.

Maybe it's due to a noisey guitar signal, but it does it on all my guitars from memory.

I have noticed using the bubble tuner, the tuner gets a bit confused what the string/pitch is also now and again.

Both digitech units I had and the line 6 stuff would do it also.

I think it's just part and parcel.

Very annoying though.

I havnt used any of the harmony setting for ages, so I should retry.

• I did try it again, and it sounds a lot better than before.

I'm not sure what the issue was really, but its remedied itself.

Looking forward to the new editor to save all the scrolling around to find things,

But loving kemper life !