OD Stomp for Bass

• Never been into pedals so I was just wondering if any of you "Bass" users actually use any of the overdrive stomps or effects to add a bit of "grit"? I know I can select an Amp that is a bit dirty but I was thinking a Stomp is am easy way to add OD if I'm using a clean amp.

I did test some but they did not seem suitable at all, maybe they are ok with certain settings? or do I just follow my ears and leave them alone.

So far I have used the Compressor, the Para-Eq and a wee bit of Reverb maybe.

Sorry if this is a daft questions but pedals are complete mystery. =O

Love my Kemper

DT

• I’m a big fan of the Ashdown Lomenzo Overdrive pedal because it allows you to dial the distortion into just the high end frequencies you choose and then dial back the mix so that it plays clean when you play softly and growls when you dig in, without losing the bottom.

It’s kind of a secret weapon.

• No, because you're still sending EVERYTHING through your amp (or Kemper).

so the microphone "hears" clean bass through the amp until you dig in and the distortion is added to the high register.

it would be what you hear, I suppose, if you went direct out of the Ashdown pedal into the desk.

But I'd never do that.

Using the parallel path mixes direct from the instrument bass into the mix... that's what I don't like.

You could do something sort of like it in the Kemper by adding a distortion stomp but mixing it back to 30% or so, but the difference is that it's a constant 30%, not really touch dependent and not limited to the high frequencies.