Differences in speaker cables?

• dear all, thanks for reading.

I will have to rearange my setup where i need a longer cable from the kpa powered out to a guitar cab (mono)

I see cheap (20€) cable for 5-10m and 90€ cable for 1.8m - does anyone now the benefit of such price differencs? Is it "just" shielding? I'll need 3-5m.

Thanks for any info

once a purist, then analog pragmatic and finally a digital believer who found out that you can't hear a mosquito fart in a band-context.

• If it's just speaker cable you shouldn't have to worry about shielding. The size of the cable is the thing. I use the thickest cable I can for any long unpowered speaker runs. I'm sure there's a calculation but I just use the ridiculously thick stuff.

• Twin core mains cable (6amp) and a couple of nice jacks will work fine!

That used to be a recommendation for great sound in the HiFi world back when I was a kid. lots of magazines raved about the improvement in sound quality over other speaker cables. I used it for a long while. Me ears aren’t good enough to tell if there was anything different but it definitely worked fine and was a fraction of the cost of the french-pleated-1-million-strand-of-unicorn-hair-kryptonite-infused wire the shops were selling for more than the cost of a car :D