Profiler in action!

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I recorded Guitars and Bass through this, no plug in added, just slight panning on guitars.

I used MBritts victory 50 profiles and his Princeton for clean in the beginning.

Original tune of mine.

The overdrive isn’t quite where I want it to sound but it’s not bad, just not as smooth as I’d like it. Looking for that Tim Miller, Allan holdworth, Tom quayle fusion legato tone. A lot of which comes from the hands but there’s a sound there’s eq’ing to be done too.

Follow me on IG @GuyJamesMusic if you're on and we can stay in touch.

• Very nicely done!

IMHO Louder solo guitar would make it even better (or maybe slightly quieter rhythm section)...your lead stuff is great and needs to really be HEARD and out front.

(Wish I had your chops!)

• Superb playing :thumbup:Really enjoying this.

Seems we're after the same kind of sound. Recently I've tested an external overdrive in front of the KPA. And it did the trick for me, a little more touch response for that palm mute legato stuff. Actually I did not want to use any pedals along with the KPA, but eventually I like this external drive better than the ones in the KPA. In my case it is a One Control Strawberry.

Greetings

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Superb playing :thumbup:Really enjoying this.

Seems we're after the same kind of sound. Recently I've tested an external overdrive in front of the KPA. And it did the trick for me, a little more touch response for that palm mute legato stuff. Actually I did not want to use any pedals along with the KPA, but eventually I like this external drive better than the ones in the KPA. In my case it is a One Control Strawberry.

Greetings

I’m right there with you man... I tried and liked the sound of my J Rocket overdrives with the Kemper and loved it too but... that defeats the purpose of why I bought it. I just want one cable in the front and the foot switch controller on the ground. It’s almost there, not sure how to get it that extra step quite yet.

• Excellent playing and great tune. And I like the lead tone just fine so I'd like to quote Billy Joel: "Don't go changin´"

I will now go re-explore Mike's Victory profiles. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cheers,

Mats N