Delay Question

• I may have to try this. I do have to admit though, that some part of me enjoys playing around with effects that I never use, and also trying out effect settings that are much more extreme than I normally use.

• Like I said above, I guess I'm lucky with the amps I have, everything you plug into them sounds great. Yes, the hollow body is a 1959 ES225TD that my dad bought new in 1960.

I suppose the very nature of the Kemper is that it is effectively whatever you want it to be. Inevitably, the price of such versatility is lots of tweaking.

It would be interesting to know whether profiles of your amps would have the same characteristics - that everything you plugged into them sounds great.

Cool history of a cool guitar!

• I suppose the very nature of the Kemper is that it is effectively whatever you want it to be. Inevitably, the price of such versatility is lots of tweaking.

It would be interesting to know whether profiles of your amps would have the same characteristics - that everything you plugged into them sounds great.

Cool history of a cool guitar!

There is no doubt that the Kemper is versatile. I'm not trying to run it down in any way. I've played non master volume tube amps for over 30 years. I'm used to them, and I understand them. I've built a half dozen of them or so. On the other hand, Kemper and technology like it, is the future. I will absolutely use the Kemper live, a lot going forward. I've just got to really learn how to use it well. When I figure out how to do it, I am going to profile all of my amps, and I'm curious how that will turn out.

• DeeBoughton

I suspect that Direct Amp Profiles from your amps over the speakers of your amps will behave exactly as you are used to.

A Profile run over monitors includes by nature the sound one or more mics 'see' by being very close to the speaker.

Having a guitar cabinet or combo on the other hand will give you a more de-focussed sound, where the room plays it's part and usually we as guitarists don't aim the 'beam', the middle of the speaker directly at our ears.

long story short, there is a difference between the so called 'amp in the room' setup and close mic'ed sounds.

close mic'ed is everything you hear live as part of the audience and on recordings.

• Thanks Don! I've heard HW from ToneJunkie talk about the idea of "no one, or not many people, know what Jimi Hendrix' amps actually sounded like. We all just know what his mic'd and recorded amps sound like, and that sound includes a long chain of mics, eq, preamp, etc." I understand what you're talking about, but I haven't run my KPA through a guitar cab (I don't have a suitable amp to do that) to hear the difference. I am amazed at how much tone shaping you can do to any profile at various places in the KPA. I am trying to get a sense for which tweaks are best for getting you in the sweet spot. I definitely use the definition function a lot, and I also use the sag and compression functions in the amp section a lot too.