A lot of profiles sound out of phase with Stereo Loop (new issue)

• It seems that something has changed maybe in a recent update, but i'm not sure whats going on. I noticed that some rig's that i marked "favorites" sound terrible (like out of phase mic's). When it was one or two i kind of ignored it and went on to another rig and chalked it up to a bad profile (and me having a bad day). Today it happened again and i decided to troubleshoot. My normal mode of playing is to lock the Delay slot and use that as a stereo loop which i run into some pedals (Strymon Mobius -> TC Electronics Triple Delay -> Source Audio Ventris -> Strymon Flint)...i also locked the reverb slot to off for now. While troubleshooting i noticed if i unplugged the send to my pedals it sounds normal (no out of phase sound). I made sure no pedals are on, then i started unplugging the pedals or only connecting one at a time and it still has the problem with any pedal in line (and off)....what could be going on? It's like a really mild comb filter delay...did they change how the loop works and its introducing the same signal back with a tiny delay?

Note...i mostly only hear it on higher gain profiles as well...not sure if its in the profile itself's settings??

Thanks.

• Reposting here, realized I posted to the wrong forum before.

It seems that something has changed maybe in a recent update, but i'm not sure whats going on. I noticed that some rig's that i marked "favorites" sound terrible (like out of phase mic's). When it was one or two i kind of ignored it and went on to another rig and chalked it up to a bad profile (and me having a bad day). Today it happened again and i decided to troubleshoot. My normal mode of playing is to lock the Delay slot and use that as a stereo loop which i run into some pedals (Strymon Mobius -> TC Electronics Triple Delay -> Source Audio Ventris -> Strymon Flint)...i also locked the reverb slot to off for now. While troubleshooting i noticed if i unplugged the send to my pedals it sounds normal (no out of phase sound). I made sure no pedals are on, then i started unplugging the pedals or only connecting one at a time and it still has the problem with any pedal in line (and off)....what could be going on? It's like a really mild comb filter delay...did they change how the loop works and its introducing the same signal back with a tiny delay?

Note...i mostly only hear it on higher gain profiles as well...not sure if its in the profile itself's settings??

Thanks.

Update: kemper support replied but I am using 100% for the loop value.

• Apparently there was a bug in the stereo loop with one of the recent updates but I believe it should have been fixed. There was a thread about it recently but I cannot remember the title or the exact details..

that update fixed an issue where the level of the FX loop signal was louder than in previous versions.

• So this shouldn't be related? I'm thinking i will try a factory reset as i'm not sure what to do. Here is the clip i sent off to support...before/after engaging the stereo loop with one strymon pedal attached (but turned off). Same issue if i connect just my TC Delay

https://soundcloud.com/chris-m…ut-of-phase-sound/s-7V7Nw

edit; oh i missed a reply from Kemper Support, they gave me some more things to try out.

• please also check the DLY+REV Routing in the Rig Menu, this parameter has influence of the DLY and REV slot in the signal chain. What happens when you set the FX Loop in the X or Mod Slot?

• Thanks for the reply. The tech support and I determined this did not happen when the fx loop is in the MOD slot (didn't try others yet). He gave me the same info as you said "I suspect the Delay/Reverb routing parameter in the rig menu to be the cause. Please try if changing the value of that parameter fixes your issue. ". I will try to check tonight, i have been swamped with work since the last email and haven't had a chance to test it.

Thank you!

• please also check the DLY+REV Routing in the Rig Menu, this parameter has influence of the DLY and REV slot in the signal chain. What happens when you set the FX Loop in the X or Mod Slot?

This was indeed the problem, it was set to 50%, when i put it to 0% (in the middle) it now sounds as expected. Not sure how that happened, i've never even set up rigs, i mostly only play via Rig Manager and tweaking slightly

This seems to change with different profiles, is there a global setting for this?