Kemper audio loss

• Last night while playing at a gig the mains and monitor out audio disappeared. We had stopped between a song and when I went to play there was NO sound from the xlr mains left and right and no sound from monitor out. It was in performance mode. I switched off the Kemper, waited 10 seconds then switched back on. Then everything came back. Any idea what is wrong? Scary when you're performing. I would appreciate help.

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• Last night while playing at a gig, in performance mode, the mains and monitor out audio disappeared. We had stopped between a song and when I went to play there was NO sound from the xlr mains left and right and no sound from monitor out. It was in performance mode. I switched off the Kemper, waited 10 seconds then switched back on. Then everything came back. Any idea what is wrong? Scary when you're performing. I would appreciate help.

Rik

• I hope you are using some form of power supply conditioner. I would never trust any venue to supply constant adequate power. What might be acceptable for an amp or PA in regards power fluctuations would never be acceptable for something like the Kemper, which is after all a computer.

• I plugged once in a wall outlet, tuned up and everything seemingly fine, but no sound was coming out. Then someone mentioned that those outlets were known to deliver some "dirty power". I changed to other outlet and everything fine again.

One other time I was in a band practice while there came very short power outage and only noticeable effect was light flickered off/on quicly once, but KP became silent until I restarted it..

• No idea. Haven't had that happen thankfully.

What OS are you on?

The OS before the latest. 1st time it's happened. A friend of mine had the same problem except he wasn't at a gig.

Rik

• I hope you are using some form of power supply conditioner. I would never trust any venue to supply constant adequate power. What might be acceptable for an amp or PA in regards power fluctuations would never be acceptable for something like the Kemper, which is after all a computer.

Good point. I will be investing in a voltage regulator. A lot of venues have antiquated circuits. Best keep a clean and constant power source. Wish I knew what caused that problem.

Rik

• Wish someone could tell me what causes this to happen. A glitch? Hope it can be corrected.

Rik