MeloAudio MIDI Controller

• This things comes pre-loaded with FW for the Profiler. USB-powered or rechargeable (USB) batteries...
    Had never heard of it!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• Yeah I’ve been looking at it lately, not for the KPA though, seems great especially for the price.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I don´t care for bi-directional usage, so I´ve got me one. Pretty incredible for a small and handy setup .

The only thing, I have trouble with: I can´t manage to run the switch-out of my EP1-KP on the EXP-plugs. Knows anyone I it´s generally not possible or did I miss something? Exp-functions are fine.

• User-Error here. Works like charm, now!!!

I used Ground Control Pro for a while, but it was too bulky. I even didn´t like to have only 4 of the 5 perfomance slots and 8 IA switches are fun, but too complicated for live use. Then I had my trusty, +20 year old Midi Mate. Really liked it, but it had not that "taktile" response on the footswitches. 5 Presets and 5 IA-switches are great, but only one Exp-connection.

The Midi Commander is perfect for me. 5 Performance slots, 3 IA switches (in my case Slot 2, Slot 3 and Dly on/off) 2x EXPs. Exp 1= Volume(to wah) Exp 2= Slot D on/off

For me, it´s an almost perfect combination in size, weight and switching routine. Price is hard to beat, too.

Maybe, some day, I´ll try Remote but I´m actually quite happy :thumbup:

• Hi everyone .

I've seen a review from gear gods of this Midi commander and it says the mission EP1 KP doesn't work well passing through midi commander ,a matter of calibration ,the movement of the pedal is not well midi transmitted by the midi commander as i understood .

So , frama78 , how is your experience with the Mission EP1 KP ,does it go straight to the kemper or does it pass via the midi commander next to kemper ?

One other thing ,do the footswitches work like the ones on the kemper remote for the morphing :so 1 click on the same rig gives the morphed or unmorphed sound (footswitch control way and not exp pedal ).Do that work with the midi commander ?

• Just got a midi commander. Is there a way to make the banks go up past bank 24? I have 60+ songs programmed in via Performance mode and it just seems to go back to bank 1 after 24. Grrrrr that's not cool.

• Sorry, I returned my Midi Comander. In a live Situation, the buttons are too Close to each other and when I added one of the IA-functions, they reacted not 100% reliable. So, I had to push them harder and I got Trouble to get the right one and not switching the ones beside it....

Also, my Kemper feezed once ehen I connected MC to KPA.

I returned to my trusty old Midi Mate. Even If this is not 100% perfect, too.

• Yeah, it's a shame that this midi footswitch wasn't as useful as I initially thought it would be. It also seems to do nothing in browser mode and you can't even go up and down patches. I watched all the youtube vids out there demoing this unit and no one mentioned these short comings. Guess I'll have to return my unit as well.

• I sold my trusty FCB1010 for 100 euros and bought the Harley benton/melo Audio rip off midi board for 130 euros. Pretty cool midi board! light, small and everything i need.

cheers

For a simple patch, bank and stomp select the Harley Benton MP100 is superb. I’m well impressed.

Cons:

• Top row buttons are close to the front. Tip: Fit Mooer Candy Toppers to the top row to fix.

• USB powered. Tip: Use the Kemper USB to power unit.

• Does nothing in browse mode? Tip: don’t use the pre-programmed Kemper setting, use one of the 2 custom settings and program your own midi commands. I have my bottom 4 switches selecting 4 patches in a bank, and my top 4 switches selecting stomp C, D, Mod and Delay.

• No 2 way communication, so pressing something on the Kemper won’t show on the board.

Pro’s:

• Compact, light, rugged and sexy

• Cheap as chips, no worries about leaving this on the floor at the gig in front of beer spilling punters

• 2 Custom midi options - allows the controller to do exactly what you want it to do

• USB powered. This works great as 2 cables and a tiny board and I’m done (midi + USB to Kemper). No need for a wall wart or a large pedal board with a power supply. It’s a relief to leave the old pedal board at home and travel light

• Does nothing in browse mode? Tip: don’t use the pre-programmed Kemper setting, use one of the 2 custom settings and program your own midi commands. I have my bottom 4 switches selecting 4 patches in a bank, and my top 4 switches selecting stomp C, D, Mod and Delay.

If I set up the 5 buttons at the bottom to access the 5 slots in the currently selected performance using codes #50-54, can I simply change performances via the Kemper itself and these 5 buttons will then let me select a performance slot - without the need for me to have banks on the midi pedal? I'm happy to change performances with the Kemper rig buttons. If I press the same foot switch a second time, will it morph? I'm thinking about setting it up to give me 5 stomps B, C, D, Mod, Delay, and 5 Performance slots.

Also, do you need to choose the startup mode every time, eg Custom 2, or does it remember which you selected and automatically boot to that next time?

• If I set up the 5 buttons at the bottom to access the 5 slots in the currently selected performance using codes #50-54, can I simply change performances via the Kemper itself and these 5 buttons will then let me select a performance slot - without the need for me to have banks on the midi pedal? I'm happy to change performances with the Kemper rig buttons. If I press the same foot switch a second time, will it morph? I'm thinking about setting it up to give me 5 stomps B, C, D, Mod, Delay, and 5 Performance slots.

Also, do you need to choose the startup mode every time, eg Custom 2, or does it remember which you selected and automatically boot to that next time?

You don’t need to change the start up every time.

It won’t morph.

Yes #CC50-54 will work. Remember that communication is one way with this pedal. If you press something on the KPA the midi controller won’t know it’s been pressed. For example if you turn a stomp on the foot switch, then turn it off at the KPA, the foot switch will still think it is on.

Hope this helps

• Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I wonder if setting up a morph CC on the second press would work? Honestly I’m not sure I need to be able to morph, but it’d be fun to play with. I’ve never done any midi programming before.

You had any freeze issues? I see there’s new firmware to fix that but I don’t have a PC and their update tool is not Mac compatible. I’m also assuming that said firmware is compatible with the Harley Benton variant.

• Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I wonder if setting up a morph CC on the second press would work? Honestly I’m not sure I need to be able to morph, but it’d be fun to play with. I’ve never done any midi programming before.

You had any freeze issues? I see there’s new firmware to fix that but I don’t have a PC and their update tool is not Mac compatible. I’m also assuming that said firmware is compatible with the Harley Benton variant.

I’ve never had any freezing issues, not once. If you tap dance when playing live, then I’d go for the Kemper remote (just because of the 2 way communication and the buttons ARE close together on this thing: bonus, it’s compact, down side, you can’t stomp blindly).

If you’re like me and maybe have to hit a foot switch 5 times max during a song, then it’s a perfect & cheap solution. Personally I wouldn’t put £400 on the floor, the places I play have sticky floors and drunk punters - having an almost disposable foot controller is necessary.

• I don’t gig. I just want it for home use so going cheap. But I’ve just noticed that the bank buttons can’t be reprogrammed. That’s disappointing! Max of 4 slots in a performance then.

I was making a performance for each amp I like to play, and treating each slot sort of like an amp channel. Guess I need to go back and delete the 5th slot. And limit stomps to B, C, Mod, Delay.

• I was making a performance for each amp I like to play, and treating each slot sort of like an amp channel. Guess I need to go back and delete the 5th slot. And limit stomps to B, C, Mod, Delay.

this is how I use mine :)

I’ve set the KPA to 4 slots per performance then have a clean, crunch, rhythm & lead channels.

The top four switches are then used for distortion (B), pre-amp Modulation (C), post amp Modulation (Mod) and Delay.

It works well for this type of application.