[LRS] Matchbox 30 Experiment Matchless V7 is Live

• Kemper profiles seeking to recreate the sound of a Matchless HC-30 head through many cabinets, mics, speakers and boost pedals using new and NOS tubes!

The holy grail of EL84 amps. Class A goodness. This is an amazing amp that took on the goal of making a better Vox AC30. The Matchless C-30 series of amps bring the preamp similar to both the AC15 and AC30 in one head. Oh, and you can jumper them! SO many tones in this amp, it can take you back to days of the old or reinvigorate the sounds of today. Truly legendary amp. While based on the Vox circuit, it really is a sound all it's own.

H1 = Channel 1 top input

L1 = Channel 1 bottom input

H2 = Channel 2 top input

L2 = Channel 2 bottom input

JP = Jumped channel 1 and 2 with a mix of gain and EQ.

Presell V1 38 profiles using a V30 speaker with vintage RCA 12ax7 and EI Longplate in channel 1 and NOS Telefunken EF86 in channel 2. Currently has two NOS RCA 5V4G rectifiers installed for some sag.

V2 added 18 profiles using a V30 and H30 on low input channel 1 and 2.

V3 added 14 profiles using a H30 on channel 2 H and L.

V4 added 28 profiles using Creamback H75, Greenback H75, V30 and Greenback M25 speakers.

V5 added 24 profiles using a Diamond 4×12 with Greenback M25/H75 and V30. Most dual speaker dual mic with the stock EF86 and 5AR4 rectifier tube. Some slightly boosted with a Klone.

More added and more to come!

Beautiful clip here:

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

http://livereadysound.com/product/matchbox-30/

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

Moderator Notice:

Tele in a mix:

Moderator Notice:

*****This Test Drive profile is a single sm57 on a single v30 speaker. With this profile I was trying the stock EF86 to see if I liked it compared to the $125 NOS Telefunken. ********

• Maybe you need to forgive me before listening haha, someone mentioned Chon tone, I hadn't heard of this so I checked them out and then played this random thing:

Moderator Notice:

Here is a gain clip, the original was darker so I added some eq on the Kemper and reamped to make it fit more with the other clips:

Moderator Notice:

Very simple clean sample switching pickups on a Les Paul:

Moderator Notice:

• deadpan

Changed the title of the thread from “[LRS] Matchbox 30 Experiment Matchless HC-30 Presell” to “[LRS] Matchbox 30 Experiment Matchless HC-30 in a Mix”.
  • V2 is Live!

Here is a mix clip, take a listen!

Moderator Notice:

• deadpan

Changed the title of the thread from “[LRS] Matchbox 30 Experiment Matchless HC-30 in a Mix” to “[LRS] Matchbox 30 Experiment Matchless HC-30 New Clips”.
  • V3 is Live! Added 14 profiles using a H30 on channel 2 H and L.

Moderator Notice:

• deadpan

Changed the title of the thread from “[LRS] Matchbox 30 Experiment Matchless HC-30 New Clips” to “[LRS] Matchbox 30 Experiment Matchless HC-30 New Clips V4”.
  • These are sounding really good with my JB split. Still haven't had a chance to test them with any other guitars, but I am really liking them with my Schecter C1 Classic. I like how you can go from just a little hair to pretty raunchy, by digging in. I put a compressor before the amp block, on a lot of them, and it seems to really be bringing out the tone, as well.

I also spent a long time on LRS Mtchbx L2 H30 07 with the humbucker, too. Such a nice, full sound!

Nice job on this pack!

• Thanks for the report patrick2099 !

I was playing around with these and noticed something very interesting, when using my Les Paul on some that seem dark or maybe muddy, if I turn down the front panel lows and mids some the profile opens up to a beautiful perfectly balanced tone. Not something I have experienced before.

And yes, the sheer dynamic of the profiles is stunning. Clean to gain with just the pick. I need to record a clip of this.

• Not the best way to do it but I picked the first profile I saw and recorded a quick random piece testing dynamics using on the pick with a Les Paul:

Moderator Notice:

Old vs new. Profiles so far have used the NOS Telefunken. How about some with the new production?

• deadpan

Changed the title of the thread from “[LRS] Matchbox 30 Experiment Matchless HC-30 New Clips V4” to “[LRS] Matchbox 30 Experiment Matchless Best Ever V5”.
  • deadpan

Changed the title of the thread from “[LRS] Matchbox 30 Experiment Matchless Best Ever V5” to “[LRS] Matchbox 30 Experiment Matchless Test Drive Today”.
  • deadpan

Changed the title of the thread from “[LRS] Matchbox 30 Experiment Matchless Test Drive Today” to “[LRS] Matchbox 30 Experiment Matchless V7 is Live”.