Hiwatt DR103 1972

• Hi All,

Just popped up my old DR103 .....

its a 1976 2x12 Hiwatt Cab with Fanes and mic'd with a beta 57....

I dont have my Cornish G2 here at the minute but will profile the lot when I have it in the loop....

Amp Compression give a bit more Gilmour and to be honest the Gain would never ever allow this much break up when cranked :)

• sweet!

thanks for this! :)

• THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It sounds just like my 1970,s Bull Dog.
    Clean its pure Hiwatt.
    That glass top end is there.

Add Till cab 19 and its "wont get fooled again" cranked up 1/2 way.

That made my day thank you.
    Bill

• I would ask people to try out other cabs with the Hiwatt DR103 profile as I only have the 2x12 Hiwatt with the Fanes in my home studio at the minute. I've never gigged the Hiwatt Cab as I generally dont find it versatile enough for what I need.

Its the same cab on my Cornford MK2 profiles also..... again I would ask people to try other cabs as they may improve the sound for certain types of music.....

Glad to see that the profile is popular ! :thumbup:

• Its as close as my ear can tell anyway...

few tiny crackles out of the tube head every now and again but apart from that I'd say 98-99 %

I'll put another profile up this evening with the master volume down low and the channels driven pretty full on....

might be a very slight break up in it then

• Fantastic gesture. :love: I hope to be doing some profiling today if nothing comes up to the contrary. I'll still do a couple of Hiwatts through some 1973 Hiwatt/fane loaded 4x12's. Nothing bad about covering all the bases. Getting it done is what's important.

I'm hoping for results that may be of use for folks.

Thanks to the profiler for sharing! :thumbup:

Paul

** Update. Profiling is delayed until next wednesday. Fortunately, more time to profile some some other amps. The chap I sold many of may amps to, including the Hiwatts has a couple of hot rodded Marshall heads I want to profile. One was a Paul Reed Smith deal and the other was my friend Wes' < who plays with Porcupine Tree > Cameron modded JMP 100 which he recorded the tracks for "The Incident" in 2009. Other amps too to get done. Not as quickly as I'd like, but the results will, hopefully, prove worth the wait. :|

Edited once, last by 1fastdog ().

• Hi!

I love your profile, and I get amazing results with clean tones. However, when I try to add some dirt ("Muffin" a'la Gilmour for example) for some reason even with the lowest settings things start to sound very harsh and "brutal", I can't get the nice smooth overdriven tone that I was expecting. The Pure Booster doesn't even clip the "preamp", and anything harder just clips it way too much. What do you suggest?
    Cheers anyways, because the cleans sound absolutely, totally, 100% Gilmour, the first time in my life that I was finally able to dial in a really authentic Run Like Hell tone :)

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• Hi!

I love your profile, and I get amazing results with clean tones. However, when I try to add some dirt ("Muffin" a'la Gilmour for example) for some reason even with the lowest settings things start to sound very harsh and "brutal", I can't get the nice smooth overdriven tone that I was expecting. The Pure Booster doesn't even clip the "preamp", and anything harder just clips it way too much. What do you suggest?
    Cheers anyways, because the cleans sound absolutely, totally, 100% Gilmour, the first time in my life that I was finally able to dial in a really authentic Run Like Hell tone :)

I will be trying later today to get Gilmour's dirty sound but here what I have found to work on other profiles that were harsh or fizzy.
    Go into the amp section and play with the definition, clarity and compressor settings.
    Maybe starting with lower Definition setting then higher Clarity.

Hope we can find the tone :D

• Hiwatt time !
    Your profiles will be very welcomed, sir.
    Really looking forward to the 4x12 Fane ...

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

• HIWATT PUSHED TONE IS UP......Basically its the amp with the Normal & Brilliant channels bridged and input into the 2nd Normal Channel.

Both Channels then run at 100% and Master Volume up a very very tiny notch...

The sound works nicely for bluesy and I havent tried to put ant of the pedals in front of it yet....

Enjoy ! :S