A Few Questions about the current RM.

• I'm starting from scratch with a new unit (that's empty) but have a library on my hard drive that's got well over 1,500 rig files that cover over a 100 different amps. Is there a way to somehow link my folders to RM so I don't have to re-create them all from scratch and then spend a day cutting and pasting all of the files?

Anyone have any ideas when the revised RM is coming out? I really don't want to spend a ton of time setting up the current one if things will be much easier from an organizational standpoint in the newer rev.

Thanks!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• No, you can't link them, Don.

OTOH, the existing folder structure you've created can serve as an insurance-policy backup for your RM folders. Use the built-in backup / restore capabilities of the app in the first instance 'though.

Also, no need to cut and paste - you can drag and drop your Rigs into the folders you create in RM.

• Here's the plan and the first Dirty Dozen (forum's represented). Every single rig file I ever downloaded will be stored on my PC. Amps that I can easily hang with for an entire evening, and that are not closely redundant tone-wise, get to live in the unit. Silver medalists go in the LL.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• Love It!

Ok So When I 1st Got The Kemper I Added The 3rd Party Downloads I Had To The Unit AND Kept Them In Their Own RM Folder On The PC.

Like You Have Here I Want To Use ONLY The Profiles I Use Most.

How Should I Remove Unwanted Profiles From The Unit But Still Keep Them In My Local Library Folders?

I Don`t Want To Permanently Delete Them?

Can I Delete Them From The Unit And They Will Remain In The Library?

Thanks For The Great Example!

Tony

• 1. Create whatever sub-folders you want under the main Library folder.

2. Drag and drop the files you don't want permanent on the unit into the library folders.

3. Delete everything that a) isn't permanent, or b) is stored in a Library folder.

YES: As long as a file (rig) is in a Library folder it is not 'gone' if deleted from the unit.

Backup rig manager often the same you do with the unit.

If you're using Rig Manager be sure to let the program and the unit update as you go. If you are working with a number of files it can take

a few seconds before everything is processed. Watch the green progress bar at the bottom of RM.

I've locked up RM a number of times by simple going to fast and tripping the program.