EQ match Ozone

• Can I capture the Ozone eq match by profiling my Cubase channel with Ozone running and monitor selected on the track, like capturing an amp sim as per the manual below?

"Connections for PROFILING a Computer-Based Guitar Amp Simulation
    • Connect your guitar to the Input of the PROFILER. • Connect the DIRECT OUTPUT/SEND from the PROFILER to the appropriate input on your computer’s audio interface. • Route the output of your guitar amp simulation software to a specific hardware output of your computer’s audio interface. • Connect this output to the RETURN of the PROFILER. ✓ Be sure to disengage the noise-gate in your guitar amp simulation software before PROFILING it. "

• Can I capture the Ozone eq match by profiling my Cubase channel with Ozone running and monitor selected on the track, like capturing an amp sim as per the manual below?

"Connections for PROFILING a Computer-Based Guitar Amp Simulation
    • Connect your guitar to the Input of the PROFILER. • Connect the DIRECT OUTPUT/SEND from the PROFILER to the appropriate input on your computer’s audio interface. • Route the output of your guitar amp simulation software to a specific hardware output of your computer’s audio interface. • Connect this output to the RETURN of the PROFILER. ✓ Be sure to disengage the noise-gate in your guitar amp simulation software before PROFILING it. "

sure, it was done numerous times.

generally, the appeal of such eq-matched sounds is err... limited. YMMV

• Thanks Don,

But I don't seem to be capturing the tone correctly, I even put a huge 2k spike in Ozone to test and it's not there in the profiled sound.
    Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

• the PROFILER shouldn't have a problem capturing just EQ.

please double-check your setup, confirm that the profiling signal is indeed routed through the EQ (and only through the EQ ) - if the dry profiling signal appears at the output as well, going back to the PROFILER is will obviously not work properly.

If you play through the PROFILER (even though there is no amp conected) do you hear the changes in the EQ when monitoring from the headphone output of the PROFILER?

• No, no change with headphones plugged into the Kemper headphone socket.
    I have a cable from Kemper Direct output/send going in to input one of my Steinberg UR44 then Main Output from the UR44 into Return Input of the Kemper. I have also tried Line Output 1 and 2 from the UR44.
    I can hear the eq changes from my studio monitors OK.
    Thanks Don

• No, no change with headphones plugged into the Kemper headphone socket.
    I have a cable from Kemper Direct output/send going in to input one of my Steinberg UR44 then Main Output from the UR44 into Return Input of the Kemper. I have also tried Line Output 1 and 2 from the UR44.
    I can hear the eq changes from my studio monitors OK.
    Thanks Don

in "PROFILER" mode, with "Reference Amp" selected, changes in the EQ should be audible on the headphone output of the PROFILER.

if not, the EQ'ed signal isn't really routed back to the PROFILER.

• I can hear it in profiler mode with ref amp selected. So I do the profile and I get this:
    First clip is the ozoned version, second is the profile that should sound like it but doesn't.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm obviously doing something wrong but what??