4 Main EQ Knobs - Question

• Are the bass, middle, and treble's flat F points global? If yes, does anyone know what the F's are and what Q is used? Thanks.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• Thanks very much Lightbox.

This will help me in tweaking amps.

I do use my ears, but i'm still in doubt about some Kemper features.

In case you have time and wish to go further, I'd very much like to see studio equaliser curves for :

- high cut

- low cut

- steep low on/off

- steep high on/off

Regards

dAn

• In case you have time and wish to go further, I'd very much like to see studio equaliser curves for :

- high cut

- low cut

- steep low on/off

- steep high on/off

The app used to determine/show the freq curves is called ROOM EQ WIZARD. It is a free download.

You need to be able to run your audio cards output into the Kemper and then Kemper out to your audio cards input. At least in the analog out only days of the Kemper.

Since the Kemper acts as an audio device itself now, you may be able to route it without touching any cables. I have not tried.

Not telling you to do it yourself. Just posting info for others and also help you in case you want to know what some of the new Liquid EQ response are. You can get REW and start sweeping all of the stuff you are interested in. Like what is the EQ of a tube screamer? Sweep it and find out!

cheers

• I should also mention you will want to use a very clean profile and turn off any FX, Cab/IR, etc. That should give you the best shot at getting the right curves for the Amp EQ sections.

Also note the liquid EQs may be interactive so you cant sweep the mid for example and call it a day. Adjusting the bass/treb/pres may affect the mid freq and response.

REW is great for making profiles as well. You can sweep your mic setup and see if you have phase issues like suck outs, echoes cancellation, etc. First time I swept my 2x12 cab I was blown away by how much the one speaker bled into the other. I ended up piling deadening material around the unused speaker.

Best of luck and have fun.