Master Stereo <> Stack + Dly/Rev

• Hi,

I am using a Scarlett 18i20 with my KPA. I have the following output->input setup:

A. Inputs 7&8: Main Output = Master Stereo

B. Input 5: Monitor Output = Stack

C. SPDIF In: SPDIF Output = DLY/REV Wet

When I monitor with the 18i20, soloing (A) I get a different delay effect than if I solo (B) & (C). The only effect I am using right now is a simple single delay in the DLY module. Shouldn't (B) & (C) = (A)?

Is this a latency thing due to SPDIF please?

My thinking was to record all three along with Analogue (for later re-amping) and send the A, B & C on to those doing the mixing. From A they get what I was going for sound/tone wise and they can control the DLY/REV in the mix to try and preserve that.

At the moment that wont work due to the differences. I've only had my KPA a few days so still finding my way around :) Any help very much appreciated.

best wishes

Loz.

• Well not exactly . It depends how you set up MIX parameter in the DLY and REV module (in A case) .

REV and DLY wet have the only the wet signal in case C and dry/wet depends on how du you set B to mix DRY.

So Input 5 gain* B + SPDIF In gain * C is not always A.

In other words it is up to you in what proportions do you mix these signals (B and C) no matter how you set the A case Mix parameter for DLY and REV.

• Hi Damian, thank you, and for v1.44:thumbup:

Just figured it out. The difference in delay was because I was using SPDIF for Dly/Rev. Switched that to do Master Stereo with Dly/Rev Main Output and now the delay timing is the same when comparing Master Stereo to Stack + Dly/Rev.