Best FRFR Speakers for electric and acoustic guitar profiles

• Hi guys i need help to choose an frfr speaker. Since i use both electric and acoustic profiles it has to be linear and i don't want it to colour the sound. Thanks in advance

• The purpose of FRFR is minimal colour ( they always add something) so that requirement is a given.

First question - do you want powered or unpowered?

Second question - price range

Third question - When do you need it - the Kemper Kabinet will be released later this year

• I've been running my Kemper into a Mackie Thump12BST two-way powered PA speaker with an upgraded Eminence Legend EM12N 12" guitar driver for the past 6 months. It's just over 30 lbs (maybe even less with the neodymium speaker) and has all the output and headroom I can imagine needing for stage monitoring purposes — the kind of stages I play, anyway. It does pretty well for acoustic tones, too.

I've been impressed with the EM12N. It's so transparent that I prefer it with my Kemper cabs ON, though it's definitely got the punch of a traditional guitar speaker. Way better touch response than the Mackie's stock speaker. I'm hitting it with some generous EQ via the Kemper's monitor output section.

If you're going full-on FRFR, the Mission Engineering Gemini 2 is supposedly the Cadillac of FRFRs. I've played both the 8" and 12" HeadRushes, both the Line 6 PowerCab models, a ValveTrain PowerTrain Stage 50, and a Friedman ASC-12. None of these did a whole lot for me.

• We all have our opinions on this and I too have tried all the above and some, I prefer the Headrush 12". I don't play aucustic, but for electric, it is really impressive. If you have a local guitar center or guitar store that stocks frfr speakers, take your Kemper and YOUR guitar and go plug into all of them. They should'nt mind at all. I did that at my guitar center and I think they ended up selling 4 kempers to customers that were just checking us out while we were testing. It was pretty cool.

Peace!!

• Yamaha DXR10 and Atomic CLR here, both are great and still have some pron & cons.

CLR is quiet and sound wise top notch but little heavier to carry around. Also, if it breaks, you can be srewed as their customer service is, ah well, let’s just say not-that-great. ?

Yamaha is great bang for buck. Fan makes little noise which can be heard in quiet environments.

• One of Blueamps (.eu) speaker or Mission Gemini II comes to mind if your budget allow. I use a Blueamps Spark and it works for just about any setting and music genre. The US-made Mission is easier to find in the US than the European-built Blueamps, and vice versa.

• Used to run 2 x DXR10's. Changed to 2 x HeadRush 1x12 FrFr speakers, and IMO they sound as good as (if not better) the DXR10's. Also half the price....!

Cool, but be aware that the Headrush are re-branded Alto’s, and their return rate for failures is much higher than Yamaha. Yamaha cost more for a reason. The Altos are very good for the money though.

• Matrix FR212. Pretty gooooooood !!!!

For the most part however I´m at home with my dear, dear DAW, so I output using the SPIDF to an Apogee Element 24 and into a pair of Neumann KH 120A nearfield monitors. They are really accurate, picking up all of my tonal mistakes... :/

Whatever you need, but I would not go under 600 Euros for a pair of monitors.

Take care and enjoy,

Jim

(I'm now taking cover preparing to be shot down in flames...)