Trying to match Time Based plugins to recreate Kemper FX in Logic for recording dry.

• I'm looking for feedback for similar delay & verb plugins to create a channel strip in Logic that I can get close to Kemper's FX? I'm thinking the new Valhalla Delay can do some of the Delays. Any suggestions for a couple verbs etc that might be close? I'd like to be able to load up a Channel preset that has a few things loaded to work quickly and keep some flexibitly... bypass the fx in the KPA and record. Of course this is only until Kemper releases the "Native Multi-fx plugin" that speaks to the unit! :) I'd pay good money for that!!!

Thanks

• you could record the dry STACK from the Main Outs and the all wet signal via S/PDIF, so you can adjust the delay/reverb level later.

or record dry and use the PROFILER as an external FX box later in the mix.

both possibilities seem much more likely and efficient than trying to re-create the sounds of the (pretty advanced) delay and reverb.

• you could record the dry STACK from the Main Outs and the all wet signal via S/PDIF, so you can adjust the delay/reverb level later.

or record dry and use the PROFILER as an external FX box later in the mix.

both possibilities seem much more likely and efficient than trying to re-create the sounds of the (pretty advanced) delay and reverb.

Thanks Don. Yes I love what Kemper has done with the FX now! They are pretty amazing. However I have limited inputs, and I make tracks and demos so so I need to work fast. If I did Masters I would def go that route, but time & inputs are making me look for alternatives. Also I record a ton of parts into takes folders and then comp them into good parts... so having other tracks with the FX in folders would be very difficult to work with and match up to my edits. Sometimes 1-20 tracks of guitar parts.

Also I can't seem to get the "midi clock" out of Logic to sync the KPA... so my FX would be recorded in sync. The KPA shows the little C on the readout but still won't lock in time. That would help a lot. Been working on it for 4 weeks but can't get anyone to tell me they have been successful at it. I have another post about that.

Edited once, last by ewikman ().

• Have You experimented with Logics Delay Designer, Reverb Designer & CromaVerb?

There is also a "Pedalboard" plugin that enables you to build a flexible board of modeled guitar FX.

... and there there is a huge amount of older/simpler delay and reverb plugins too...

• Have You experimented with Logics Delay Designer, Reverb Designer & CromaVerb?

There is also a "Pedalboard" plugin that enables you to build a flexible board of modeled guitar FX.

... and there there is a huge amount of older/simpler delay and reverb plugins too...

Yes I've been using Logic for 15 years and use all the plugins. I was just wondering if people had any insight into how to get closest to the KPA. thanks

• I do a lot of sessions and also prefer to track dry and use plugins in Logic. Much easier to punch/comp and have the delay trails generated after comping.

I use Echoboy Jr as my main delay, specifically the Memory Man, but just grabbed Valhalla Delay. I’ll more than likely use it for more specialized sounds. The Valhalla Ubermod does amazing chorusing and Dimension D sounds and the Basic Tape Echo patch is great for pads. Tons of killer sounds there.

Valhalla’s Shimmer verb is also good for the pitched up verb thing and their Vintage Verb covers everything else. I also use a Spring Reverb plugin Springage, I think it’s called.

That said, I could easily use Logic’s tape delay, Space Designer and pedalboard. Be sure to check out Logic’s new multifx lifted from Camel Audio.

I do also just use the Kemper by itself sometimes too, especially the rotary sounds.

I use analog compression, distortion, fuzz and volume pedals in front of the Kemper.

It’s a glut of choices but I like to mix it up and have channel strips saved for easy recall.

REALLY looking forward to the new Rig Manager/Editor.

These profiles go to 11!

• Hey are you able to get Midi Clock to work sending out of Logic to sync the KPA? It's been driving me crazy. I must be missing something... unless it just doens't work as the manual says?

• Hey are you able to get Midi Clock to work sending out of Logic to sync the KPA? It's been driving me crazy. I must be missing something... unless it just doens't work as the manual says?

I got it to work but the tempo on the Kemper was all over the place. It’s like it was too sensitive to beat clock timings which is strange because my Virus C synth works great with beat clock.

I gave up on it, mostly because I use delays in Logic.

These profiles go to 11!