Stomp assigned - understanding LEDs

• I’m certain this is due to something I’ve missed or misunderstood on my part. It isn’t a big deal, but I want to understand.

When you assign a stomp to an empty Stomp switch on the remote, the LEDs to the left of that switch are supposed to become active.

Sometimes when I do this, just the right side lights activate. Even though the switch appeared empty. Subsequent pushes operate the effect on and off normally. But only the right side LEDs. As of the left side was already assigned.

Any ideas on what I’ve missed here?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Go to the Rig Menu, and on one of the pages, it will show you what is assigned to each footswitch. You can clear them all and reassign if necessary - something I have had to do, and will often do when working with rigs from vendors that provide rigs with different preset assignments.

• Brilliant! Somehow the performance had stomp X (which is empty) assigned to the first spot on that switch. Nothing to turn on and off, but the spot was occupied, so it defaulted to the secondary.

I knew it was something simple. I've only had a personal Kemper for a week, so I'm still adjusting to the way it 'thinks'. Like going from Windows to Mac. Similar....but you have to look at things from a slightly different perspective.

Thanks so much.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Thanks also. I had a similar wierd situation where I had assigned something (couldn't figure out what it was; maybe delay freeze) to a switch, and then changed effects. Well, that button still retained the assignment, the white light would still come on when I stepped on the button, but did not change anything. And I could not figure out how to get rid of it.

But now I do!

Be Thankful.