"Dream Tones" match EQ'd profiles

• Learn more: https://ml-sound-lab.com/

This is the official release video for this Artist Pack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LhOy1UoZHQ

ML Artist Pack "Dream Tones" is a collection of perfectly matched guitar tones that pays homage to the amazing guitar tones used by JOHN PETRUCCI throughout his career.

The best way to understand how this works is to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-5J2S3eFXI

Included tones:

ML-DT-I&W based on Dream Theater - Images And Words

ML-DT-AWK based on Dream Theater - Awake

ML-DT-COS based on Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons

ML-DT-FIF based on Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity

ML-DT-LTE1 based on Liquid Tension Experiment

ML-DT-LTE2 based on Liquid Tension Experiment 2

ML-DT-SFAM based on Dream Theater - Scenes From A Memory

ML-DT-6DOIT based on Dream Theater - Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence

ML-DT-TOT based on Dream Theater - Train Of Thought

ML-DT-SA1 based on John Petrucci - Suspended Animation

ML-DT-SA2 based on John Petrucci - Suspended Animation

ML-DT-OCTA based on Dream Theater - Octavarium

ML-DT-SC based on Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos

ML-DT-BCSL based on Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings

ML-DT-DTOE based on Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn Of Events

ML-DT-DT based on Dream Theater - Dream Theater

ML-DT-AST based on Dream Theater - The Astonishing

ML-DT-DOT based on Dream Theater - Distance Over Time

Every guitar tone was first recreated on a real tube amplifier. That tone was then profiled with the Kemper Profiling Amp and finally match EQ’d to sound and behave just like the original recordings. All profiles come with Petrucci-esque effects including compressor, wah, phaser, drive, chorus, flanger, delay and reverb. We highly recommend you turn off Pure Cab with all ML packs - we spend a lot of time fine tuning minor nuances that will be removed with Pure Cab.

Installing the pack is super easy and here's a video showing how it's done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxKjrRwdyNA

Ask me anything and you'll find more info here: https://ml-sound-lab.com/

• What pickups were used to dial in the tones and EQ match? Because that can matter quit a bit imo.

Cheerios

For realism's sake I used by Ernie Ball Music Man JP6. So if you're a DT fan you most likely own a similar guitar and it'll sound great. Also if you use a different type of guitar then you'll have your own sound. I used my PRS CE24 for most of the demo clips that are in E-standard and they still sound just like the real recordings.

• Does this include Rhythm and Lead tones?

There's a separate clean profile of my Mark V with JP's settings and then you can use the different cabs with it depending on which sound you prefer. For me it's the Octavarium cab for cleans for sure. For rhythm and lead there are building blocks in the effects for each profile. You can opt to use a compressor or tube screamer for boosting the amp and then you have that stereo JP delay as well as an autowah, phaser, chorus all with JP esque settings to nail all those sounds you'd expect. The cabinet block is doing the heavy lifting so the lead sound is more of that rhythm sound turned into a lead which will be very close to what JP does but in some cases not exactly the same thing. F.ex. SFAM I believe the rhythm and lead is about the same amount of gain so no need to boost it etc.

• Direct, merged or studio?

Essentially all ML Kemper profiles are "all of the above" - the amp and cab merge is done so that all of the amp sound is a part of the amp section and all of the cab sound is in the cab section so you should have no problems running the profiles direct, with a real cab or using ML IR's instead of the cabinet sections used for the profiles. For this pack however it's a little bit different - the amp section is my Mark V or Dual Rectifier "ML merged" but to get the sounds exactly like on the albums you need to use the cabinet section as it's a match EQ cabinet that includes all the processing that was done to achieve those sounds on the real albums.

So if you use the profiles with a powered Kemper / with a real cab they will sound like a real Mesa for sure but obviously it will not be exactly like the recorded sound on the album and for that you should be using the profiles direct. I hope I did a good job explaining this. :)

• Thank you so much! People are really loving how close it sounds to the real albums. It's identical. :)

Eventually it would be nice if you released individual packs from each album. Like a Scenes From a Memory (my favorite) pack, or Images and Words. Good stuff ML Sound Lab .

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• Would definitely grab IAW, AST and DOT if you are doing the separate pack!

Went through this with the crew and we're not doing it right now at least. It would be 18 new packs for 3 platforms = 54 products and there's no easy way to maintain that number of packs nor would they fit on our current website. I do appreciate the request and we will think about it at some point but I'm just telling you that it's not going to happen at least any time soon.

• Thank you so much! People are really loving how close it sounds to the real albums. It's identical. :)

To say "it's Identical"is a bit of a bold statement to make, because the used guitar and particularly the set of fingers one has, is a crucial part of the overall tone...... therefore it is just for a few to have an identical sound as JP. This statement hold me back for buying this pack. (yes i am aware i do not have the same skils as Petrucci) But perhaps in the future with individual packs??

• To say "it's Identical"is a bit of a bold statement to make, because the used guitar and particularly the set of fingers one has, is a crucial part of the overall tone...... therefore it is just for a few to have an identical sound as JP. This statement hold me back for buying this pack. (yes i am aware i do not have the same skils as Petrucci) But perhaps in the future with individual packs??

identical or not, i think the way they captured JP2C is very cool and sounds so well, however tbh im not a fan for all the profiles, just a few

and lets wait and see if ML would do it!