New KPA Problem with Soft Button Lights

• Hello all,

I just bought a new KP desktop unit from Pro Audio Star in the USA, and it arrived yesterday (Apr 24, 2019). I'm having a problem that seems to be happening randomly. All the white soft button lights on the right side of the unit stop working (go dark), then usually within 15-30 minutes they will come back on again. This process repeats randomly. Even powering the unit off, then back on again, will not make those lights come back on if they were dark when I restart the unit. They just randomly go off and on. I did do an OS & system update this morning, and that did not fix the problem. Oh, and the unit has froze up a couple of times. Switching it off would not work. I ended up having to unplug the unit.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

-Chris

Edited once, last by ctyelvis ().

• I sent it back to Pro Audio Star.

I want to say, I normally would have a bad taste in my mouth after buying a brand new unit and it being defective right out of the box. But I was so impressed with the Kemper, I immediately ordered a replacement. I ended up upgrading to the bundle version with the remote. It should be here in a few days.

On a side note, I thought the unit was very well built and the real leather strap handle was a nice touch. The routing capabilities for recording are astounding. Well done kemper!

The only thing I would say gave the unit a bit of a cheap feel are the silver plastic knobs and that display. Minor stuff, because the Kemper is an incredible unit. I'm a fan!

-Chris