Help needed profiling hi-gain amps!

• So I just made a profile with the Valvestate's bass turned completely to 0. And the same annoying sound appears. Seems that my Kemper adds low frequencies a lot. I used an EQ analyzer and Kemper's profile adds a lot stuff around 50-150Hz compared to the Reference amp. Same with that Peavey 6505.

• Are you refining the profiles? Sometimes I've noticed you need to repeat the refining process multiple times to get the low end correct.

Yeah. Many times. It sometimes makes the low end better yeah but that sound why I originally posted here still stays. Beginning to think about reinstalling firmware or something.

• So I just made a profile with the Valvestate's bass turned completely to 0. And the same annoying sound appears. Seems that my Kemper adds low frequencies a lot. I used an EQ analyzer and Kemper's profile adds a lot stuff around 50-150Hz compared to the Reference amp. Same with that Peavey 6505.

If anything, I most often (if not always) see a lack at about 100-130. Perhaps contact support?

The bonanza

• Can you post one of the profiles you've made? That might help give us a better idea of what you're hearing.

Here is one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u3pz…4-17%2002-03-25.kipr?dl=0

So play heavy damped riffs to bring that thing up. It wasn't like that at all in the Reference amp.

So I've tried to turn amp's bass all the way down but still Kemper makes a lot of lows to the profile. I found one old profile I made when I got my Kemper a few years ago and it does not have the low frequencies like these now. Well settings and conditions must have been different and all but anyway maybe it tells something. I think I'll contact support. This is really starting to slow down my working.

• So I've tried to turn amp's bass all the way down but still Kemper makes a lot of lows to the profile. I found one old profile I made when I got my Kemper a few years ago and it does not have the low frequencies like these now. Well settings and conditions must have been different and all but anyway maybe it tells something. I think I'll contact support. This is really starting to slow down my working.

For sure contact support if this is happening with many amps, rooms, mics, ect. You shouldn't have to turn down bass pot or anything like that to get rid of this boom-bonanza-- that is assuming profiling works fine. I profiled an amp today and it brought about a similar boominess I would say. But I've seen it so rarely. In my case, I am pretty sure it's got something to do with the way the amp works at particular settings.

The bonanza

• Did you notice you've got the Bass parameter set to 2.3 and Pure Cabinet (in the Cab section) set to 6.0 in the profile? Try setting everything in the Stack EQ (Bass, Middle and Treble), as well as Pure Cabinet, to 0. If it's still too bassy compared to the reference amp, try turning down the Bass parameter another notch or two.

Do you have Pure Cab turned on globally? Aside from the Bass setting, Pure Cab will definitely make any profile sound different from the reference amp.

• Wow, that's not what was supposed to be. I think I gave you a wrong one. That profile was somewhat crooked anyway. In my other profiles I have not boosted the bass or tweaked the Pure Cabinet up. Not at all. And global Pure Cabinet is OFF all the time.

Here is more:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9np9…4-17%2001-43-50.kipr?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tf4w…4-17%2001-43-59.kipr?dl=0

I've noticed that when I turn the Amp Definition all the way to zero the creaking sound becomes hearable like very much. I know that is not the way to tweak your sound but I think this demonstrates the problem of which I'm talkin about. It comes that way to the surface but is always there even tough I turn the Amp definition up. I hope you understand what I mean.