RM freezing a lot lately

• I've slowed down a lot so that I'm not tripping it up but it's still freezing often if I try to delete (mostly) or edit (occasionally).

- never happens when I'm working with Library or Exchange files - only files on the KPA.

- RM and the unit start the standard re-fresh process and then freeze up until I exit RM.

- The RM green status bar always gets to about 75% done before it locks.

- When I exit, RM will ask if I want to interrupt an 'on-going' process. I've waited upwards of 10 minutes before exiting.

- When I re-start RM the operation I'd performed that caused the freeze has been completed - pretty sure every time, but not 100%.

- completely wiping RM from my system and starting with a new install didn't help.

Thanks.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• I've never had a single "freezing" issue between RM and KPA on Win10.

Going by elimination process, first I would try another USB cable, then switch USB ports (2.0? 3.0?), then install and try RM on a different PC, if that's possible for you.

• Even when deleting a rig off of the KPA via RM? That's the one that causes it far and away the most. I'll try your suggestions and let you know.

EDIT: May have found the problem. I recently bought a USB hub and had the KPA plugged into it and then it into the laptop. Plugged it into its own

laptop USB port and it seems to be working fine so far.

EDIT 2: Been trying to trip it up for the last 30 minutes without any issues. Think it's fixed.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

Edited 2 times, last by don1960lp ().

• I used to get it when deleting multiple rigs at a time. The "solution" was to close RM, and reboot the Kemper holding the RIG button to do a system check of all rigs. Then opening RM worked as it should.

There are several things to try:

- replace the USB cable (in the event it's a hardware problem)

- Connect to another USB port

- Use USBOblivion to clear out all USB entries on your system, and let them reset the configuration. It fixes many USB problems.