That hendrixy tone

• Hey guys, I'm still looking for a perfect Hendrix tone to play with and I think I've found it here

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Anybody knows how to get close to this guy's tone? I love it so much.

Thanks in advance and good day to y'all

• There isn;t any evidence that Hendrix ever used a spring reverb though. Is there?

All of his reverb would likely have been added in the control room AFTER the recording, and would most likely have been EMT plate reverb.

I saw his studio set-up once.

Marshall with KT88s.

Univibe.

Roger Mayer modded (I was told) Fuzz Face

Octavia

Vox wah

FWIW

• Are you using a strat?

First step for most Hendrix to be sure, especially that bluesy stuff like Axis, Bold as Love. Also the stock low output single coils, as Rapidfire pointed out. One of my Strats has Seymour Duncan single coil sized humbuckers with a coil splitter. Yeah, it splits to single coil, but it's still not the same as the real thing.

That said, I recall being surprised when I learned that the funky verses of Dolly Dagger were actually done on a Gibson Flying V. Always something new to learn.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10