Norbury Brook-Purple Paisley Rocket

• it's been a while but here's the latest offering.

https://www.marcuscliffe.com/purple-paisley-rocket

The Trainwreck Rocket was designed by the legendary Ken Fisher. He took the best bit's of an AC30 Top boost and created the 'Rocket' . This became the favourite amp of Brad Paisley who then took it to DR Z who made some tweaks and come up with the Z -Wreck for Brad. This is an amalgamation of those two amps.
    The amp has a lot of natural 'chime' and also has plenty of gain on tap so it's designed to be used with the guitar volume control to take it from Clean to Mean.
    The Ac30 qualities make it a very versatile amp and it can cover John Schofield Jazz/fusion through Brad Paisley country all the way to full on Brain May rock.
    The speaker is a 2x12 cab based on the AC30 cabinet loaded with 60w Jensen Alnico's . A great match for the amp.
    The amp is profiled using a vintage Neuman U67 and a classic Sm57 and the direct profiles are taken using the Kemper d.i. box

Naming Scheme:

Rocket- the name of the amp ( number) this is the volume setting- (C number) this is the cut setting. The higher the number the less cut is applied so the brighter the sound. The treble and Bass are fairly static set at midway. The amp really changes with the volume(gain) and the amount of cut.
    There are two profiles with TM and BD. These are a Keeley mod Timmy and Blues Driver placed in front of the amp for high gain. The profiles will still clean up though with the volume control on your guitar.

the first 50 people will get an extras folder which contains a few profiles of an Express amp which is the sister to the rocket based on a Marshall plexi.
    Have fun,

audio samples are on the web page. price is £9.99 :D

• Bought. Quite excited about this as I love the Z Wreck tones and the chime of an AC30 and your other packs are great.

By the way, the price is £9.99 as it doesn’t say this on the OP?

• Not played too long with this pack, but had about an hour with the DI profiles through my 2 rock 1x12, and they really are fantastic. Great job! Will try to make a demo if I have time and if that's useful, although my playing isn't on par with yours;)

• Not played too long with this pack, but had about an hour with the DI profiles through my 2 rock 1x12, and they really are fantastic. Great job! Will try to make a demo if I have time and if that's useful, although my playing isn't on par with yours;)

cheers. Please be my guest, it's always useful to hear how people use their profiles and music is music not a competition :D

M

• Another great set from Marcus. Great single coil tones and the warm tones on LP neck p/u had me floating off into the KPA clouds for half an hour or so that went by in no time.

If you have some of Marcus's other sets, try the cabs from the earlier sets on these as well - Al Cream, G12-65, EV 12 - all worked great for me on these profiles.

I saved some new versions with the gain backed off a tad - I use 11s so I have plenty of signal and I love clean to just breaking up tones.

• Another great set from Marcus. Great single coil tones and the warm tones on LP neck p/u had me floating off into the KPA clouds for half an hour or so that went by in no time.

If you have some of Marcus's other sets, try the cabs from the earlier sets on these as well - Al Cream, G12-65, EV 12 - all worked great for me on these profiles.

I saved some new versions with the gain backed off a tad - I use 11s so I have plenty of signal and I love clean to just breaking up tones.

thanks :D it's a gainy amp for sure, it's all about the volume control on the gtr with the Trainwreck amps. Also once you get to around midway on the amp volume it doesn't get any louder just more compressed from there on in. :D

M

• Still a few left to get the extras folder with the express and a few random profiles of some boutique and one off amps :D

I think not many people understand about Ken Fisher and Trainwreck amps :D Mark Knopfler has one of the last amps Ken built :D his Red Komet

If you're a fan of the AC30 Top Boost this is as good as it gets :D

M