Two weeks in & i am blown away!!!! My name is Conrad & i am a converted valve purist!

• Welcome to the forums, Conrad! The Kemper is all that!

Do try out the Morgan AC20 profile and Archie Crunchie profile on the Rig Exchange. I like those as well for crunch sounds.

Thank you

I am using the ac20 but will try the crunchie one now as well! Thanks for the tip!

• There are a bunch of great profiles in the free MBritt rig profiles in the rig exchange. Try out the 79 JMP. I have used that profile to make my favorite rig so far. With the gain rolled down to about 10 or 11 on the dial it does Malcolm Young Rhythm tone to a T with a Filtertron equipped guitar and volume rolled back a bit. I've never been able to achieve his sound very well but with that profile and very little tweaking it is there in spades. It sounds phenomenal and I've been playing it non stop for about a week with a big stupid grin on my face.

Two other stand outs that I've found (at least to my ear) in that free pack are the /13-39 profile and the Little Water 22. They are both just fantastic.

• There are a bunch of great profiles in the free MBritt rig profiles in the rig exchange. Try out the 79 JMP. I have used that profile to make my favorite rig so far. With the gain rolled down to about 10 or 11 on the dial it does Malcolm Young Rhythm tone to a T with a Filtertron equipped guitar and volume rolled back a bit. I've never been able to achieve his sound very well but with that profile and very little tweaking it is there in spades. It sounds phenomenal and I've been playing it non stop for about a week with a big stupid grin on my face.

Two other stand outs that I've found (at least to my ear) in that free pack are the /13-39 profile and the Little Water 22. They are both just fantastic.

• thanks buddy - I’ll try that tomorrow - SOOOO MANY good profiles - soooo little time !

I managed to get my FRFR speaker sounding great today - ( low cut to 75hz and high cut at 5000hz ) to simulate the frequency response of my creamback - LOVING IT, now!!!!

Never understood frequency roll offs of guitar speakers - now that I do , it’s made a WORLD of difference as my ears are in familiar territory. I’ll start expanding the top end once my ears settle completely into the FRFR thing.

CLR TO follow !!

• ConradK,

I'm new to the Kemper too, and probably have a similar background. I've been playing Electric guitar for a little over 30 years and I have more great tube amps and guitars than I can give sufficient attention to. I bought the Kemper because I play in a situation that is striving to drastically reduce stage volume. We have an off stage amp/cab room and run tube amps to cabs in the amp room, so I can run my amps as loud as I want to run them, but I still have the monitoring issue of monitoring my off stage mic'd cab.

So, I thought why not try a solution like the Kemper. It really is a very useful tool to have in the tool box and it easily does some things that are really difficult to do with a traditional amp. I'm not getting rid of my other amps, but I don't think I'll be getting rid of the Kemper either:) In my short stint with the Kemper my favorite commercial profiles have been MBritt and The Amp Factory. Tone Junkie has some cool stuff too, and you can get a bunch of profiles from them for free, which is a good way to sample their stuff and see what you like. The Amp Factory has a free rig pack in Rig exchange also, give it a try. I have bought all of their Hiwatt profiles, but there are a few free ones in the free rig pack. They sound great for hard rock stuff, and are pretty spot on to my ear compared to Hiwatts I've played in the past. They are a nice addition to the Marshall profiles with the type of sounds you described in your original post.

• ConradK,

I'm new to the Kemper too, and probably have a similar background. I've been playing Electric guitar for a little over 30 years and I have more great tube amps and guitars than I can give sufficient attention to. I bought the Kemper because I play in a situation that is striving to drastically reduce stage volume. We have an off stage amp/cab room and run tube amps to cabs in the amp room, so I can run my amps as loud as I want to run them, but I still have the monitoring issue of monitoring my off stage mic'd cab.

So, I thought why not try a solution like the Kemper. It really is a very useful tool to have in the tool box and it easily does some things that are really difficult to do with a traditional amp. I'm not getting rid of my other amps, but I don't think I'll be getting rid of the Kemper either:) In my short stint with the Kemper my favorite commercial profiles have been MBritt and The Amp Factory. Tone Junkie has some cool stuff too, and you can get a bunch of profiles from them for free, which is a good way to sample their stuff and see what you like. The Amp Factory has a free rig pack in Rig exchange also, give it a try. I have bought all of their Hiwatt profiles, but there are a few free ones in the free rig pack. They sound great for hard rock stuff, and are pretty spot on to my ear compared to Hiwatts I've played in the past. They are a nice addition to the Marshall profiles with the type of sounds you described in your original post.

• ConradK....ChristophK. I never thought Christoph would have an alias on the forum.

:huh:

Just kidding. Welcome and glad you like the Kemper. With updates it will keep getting better and better. :thumbup:

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Yes you have got me - I am mr kemper posing as another use! Ha ha ya - thanks bud

• Welcome! I feel just as you do every time I turn on the kemper. I still have a Two Rock Studio Pro 35 but the kemper really is just as good.

It’s still nice to fire up the amp with a few pedals though, but the kemper is just So good and So versatile!

Keep us posted about your tone journey, I love hearing positivity!

• Thanks bud

I will do

Just got the FRFR thing working for me on the alto and looking forward to trying the kemper through my pa -

I really want to get to a point where I am gigging straight to pa - as this was a big reason I bought the kemper - no more lugging about tons of equipment !

• Welcome! I feel just as you do every time I turn on the kemper. I still have a Two Rock Studio Pro 35 but the kemper really is just as good.

It’s still nice to fire up the amp with a few pedals though, but the kemper is just So good and So versatile!

Keep us posted about your tone journey, I love hearing positivity!

• got the new kemper this week and all seems to be good - no more freeze behaviour!

Was playing earlier today and couldn’t help but feel I had finally found - “the secret key” to good tone!

I Feel like I have found this “secret” which others are missing out on ! Others are continually searching for their “head tone” using one valve amp and a “head” reference tone based on the amp in the room sound - This is simply NOT possible unless you only have ONE perfect tone, in your head and it is based on an “amp in the room sound”

I’m running my alto ts210 (it’s a 210 and not a 212 as previously stated - my error! ) and a (1x12 creamback loaded cab) and I am a seriously happy man.

I am finding my “head tones” and can’t believe it! Sorry to gush like this but it’s true ! I am an experienced performer (not good but experienced) and I'm simply stunned!

I am Also so happy that the reference tones I set last night (using Sony MDR headphones ) sounded bloody fantastic, when I auditioned them through my cabs today!!! This is a first !!! Normally I set my tones using headphones and they require MAJOR tweaking !! Not so with this set up !!

• Gush away. I am with ya.. I am still new with my Kemper too (close to two months) and someone here tried to insult me by calling me a fanboy... Hahahaha. I took that as a compliment. I am a fanboy. ? While he and some others continue to fight about other gear they are trying to promote or whatever, I am 100% happy with my Kemper and have been on a writing and jamming spree.. I spent many years as a tube guy that when this toy/amazing tool came into my life, it changed everything... I was and still am flabbergasted. Kemperfide and bonafide..

• Gush away. I am with ya.. I am still new with my Kemper too (close to two months) and someone here tried to insult me by calling me a fanboy... Hahahaha. I took that as a compliment. I am a fanboy. ? While he and some others continue to fight about other gear they are trying to promote or whatever, I am 100% happy with my Kemper and have been on a writing and jamming spree.. I spent many years as a tube guy that when this toy/amazing tool came into my life, it changed everything... I was and still am flabbergasted. Kemperfide and bonafide..

The reason you were called a "fanboy" was you went full on attack mode on another user in quite a disturbing manner. Let's not act as if people went after you just because you like Kemper.

To the OP: I disagree with at least some things said, but glad you are enjoying your time with the unit.

What you may want to try out eventually is profiling some of the tones you had already. It's not needed for everyone, but it can be a cool experience and result to having a few profiles suited to specific guitars, purposes, at times Including tones hard to find online as profiles.

Sure that depends on many factors. But it's usually a process that's been quite fruitful for me, so just sharing that experience :)

The bonanza