Is it possible to have Kemper upgrade non-powered rack unit with the power amp section of the Power Rack model?

• Hey gang,

After the agony of having won and then lost a steal of a deal on a power rack model, I'm starting to wonder if it's not more cost savvy to try to score a non-powered version and then have Kemper (or an authorized retailer) ADD the power amp section to my unit. Does anyone know if this service is offered, or even possible?

Thanks,

Jeff in Houston

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Ah, thanks. So basically $500 or so to get an amp that's less than 1/3 the wattage of the one in the rack KPA. That math doesn't work for me at all, but thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated!

Regards,

Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Ah, thanks. So basically $500 or so to get an amp that's less than 1/3 the wattage of the one in the rack KPA. That math doesn't work for me at all, but thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated!

Regards,

Jeff

Ignore the wattage. Several here will tell you that the camplifiers are *plenty* loud. That 600 watts is to cover bass territory as much as anything.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Hey Kemper Support #1.... is there a reason why you trashed my post?

Did I do something wrong by posting that video from Tony McKenzie on how he added an amp to his Kemper??

Only a guess on my part, but I suppose Kemper would rather not go through the grief of dealing with somebody's poorly implemented attempt at what Tony did.

It's a good vid, but I can understand why they'd rather not advertise it.

Just a guess as I say...

• Hey Kemper Support #1.... is there a reason why you trashed my post?

Did I do something wrong by posting that video from Tony McKenzie on how he added an amp to his Kemper??

RockmanCentralBob Modifying a Profiler this way is downright dangerous. You'd also loose the license to operate it in most countries of the world and we will never touch/repair a unit like this. Of course, everybody is free to do whatever he chooses to do with the products he obtained. But you'll also understand that we don't want this here in our official forum. From what I know, support has sent you a private note when your post was deleted.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Thanks, all. I have a 5-string bass that I'd be using with this, as well... but my current cab is a big Recto 4x12.

Much appreciated on the detailed responses! This is why I love this community and hope to become an official part of it soon!

Regs,

Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Hi jeff,
    It sure can be done as all say, some tips:
    -In powered units the signal that goes to the power amp module (icepower 250asx2) is the "monitor output" signal, so it´s a mono signal
    -icepower module runs in bridge mode (or BTL)

now, i dont think it is "cost savy" because there are 2 more circuits in the power section and try to replicated them will cost the same. There is a relay circuit that power the module and detects and selects the jumpers for 110v on the ice power, the other circuit acts as a "driver" or as a "preamp" for the signal that goes into the power module, it basically split the signal into a two "in phase" and a "out of phase" signals in order to use the icepower in bridge mode. finally there is a microcontroller (guessing is for turn the amp on and read over voltage, over current in the amp)
    I you are interested i can help you to mod or build a custom power amp for your unit.