How simple can my kemper live rig be?

• Hello Kemper community,

I do not own a Kemper (yet). I am trying to *really* simplify my live rig and was wondering if someone could clarify some questions I have.

I've seen artists like Trivium and Sevendust displaying their racks that have nothing but KPA + Wireless unit and they say they all just send everything to FOH. With that said, I'm also not playing in venues like they are but I do have an IEM system in place.

Ideally, I can walk into a show with a KPA Rack, wireless unit and my guitar - hand the sound engineer a cable to run for FOH and be good to go.

Do I *need* a cab for reference? Or will I be fine just running the KPA into my IEM and out to the FOH? It just seems most videos/examples I see of musicians using these live have them hooked up to cabs that are sometimes mic'd (which I think defeats the purpose) but since I am a rookie to the product, I wanted your collective input. Thanks!

• Yes. it's that easy. I run IEM with my Kemper and mono or stereo to FOH. A monitor is nice if you want to create feedback and overtones. Otherwise, this kit is very easy to keep it simple. The foot controller is an essential IMO for live use.

• Yes. it's that easy. I run IEM with my Kemper and mono or stereo to FOH. A monitor is nice if you want to create feedback and overtones. Otherwise, this kit is very easy to keep it simple. The foot controller is an essential IMO for live use.

Exactly this!

If you want some air interaction with your strings, you need a monitor speaker pointed at you even if you run the main outputs directly to the FOH.

I don't run my IEM's from my Kemper, but rather from my X32 Rack mixer rack which has my IEM sends in it too. The speaker monitor on stage would only be needed for getting good feedback.

I generally don't play much lead, so I just go straight into the FOH. Rhythm tones are great this way and it makes for a crazy simple gig rig..... and damn light too.

If you play lots of leads or heavy distortion and need lots of feedback, you might want to consider a monitor to get the air around you moving. Lots of times, just the FOH bouncing around off walls and onto stage is enough for me to get some serious whine and overtones.... but you have to have the FOH volume at a decently high level for that.

• I use the unpowered KPA for live Gigs. I run that into a power amp and a Marshall speaker on stage. The Mains go straight to FOH. Sounds great, but I will change my rig to KPA and very good, but also expensive IEMs. The IEM will be hooked up to our X32 console. By using my mobile I can create my own monitor mix, which is great.

I also use the remote and a mission expression pedal as volume pedal to boost the volume for lead and solo parts. Works really great.

It' s only Rock n Roll, but I like it :D:thumbup:<3