New user help - Powered Kemper....barely any volume

• I just plugged this powered kemper. It was a demo model from Sweetwater.

There is no volume at all. I then pressed output and changed Master-->Mono; Direct Volume is MAX, Power Amp boost is Max...Rig Volume is Max and the Master is Max.....it's barely a whisper.

What amp I doing wrong? Is it broken?

• Can you confirm that you have connected a passive cab to the speaker output on the back of the PROFILER (the one with the red ring around it)?

Direct volume controls the level of the direct output. You need to adjust the monitor output volume because that controls the volume of the monitor output (line level) and the speaker output (power amp signal)

• Bump :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I don't think there is anyone who does electronic anything with speakers who has not connected a speaker to a non-amplified source.

I know I did .... multiple times 8o So welcome to the club.

• I don't think there is anyone who does electronic anything with speakers who has not connected a speaker to a non-amplified source.

Still, that is a much safer user error as compared with connecting an active speaker to the speaker output of a powered amplifier. :)

I got all that out of my system as a small child. There might have been an incident involving an A/C wall outlet, a pair of needle nosed pliers and a rather lively conversation with the elders. We each learn in our own way. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I have never done that. The headphone socket makes for a lousy input socket though.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM