Deleting Stompbox and effect presets

• Trying to Pair down the stuff on my Kemper. Is there a way to delete stomp box presets in the rig manager? Or can it only be done manually on the Kemper.

If I do delete are they restored with the full back up I did on a USB stick.

If I do delete a stomp box or effect preset, for example the digital delay preset, does the result mean when I choose a type of delay like a dual delay I will no longer have access to a digital delay/digital dual delay? Still confused about the relationship between stompbox/ effect type and preset.

Thanks,

SR

• Is there a way to delete stomp box presets in the rig manager?

A: Rig Manager does not currently include preset management. From the look of the last NAMM demo videos, this will be added to Rig Manager.

Or can it only be done manually on the Kemper.

A: Yes

If I do delete are they restored with the full back up I did on a USB stick.

A: Yes, if you restore a backup via USB stick, it will restore all presets and rigs that were on the KPA when the backup was made.

If I do delete a stomp box or effect preset, for example the digital delay preset, does the result mean when I choose a type of delay like a dual delay I will no longer have access to a digital delay/digital dual delay?

A: No - you can delete Effects Presets, but not Effects Types.

Still confused about the relationship between stompbox/ effect type and preset.

A:

Effects Types are part of the Operating System, and have default value settings when you load the effect using the Type knob.

Effects Presets are settings stored with a name for easy recall and are loaded using the Browse knob.

• Thank you that clears a lot up.

Do you think the Rig manager will ever break the rigs down the way they get stored on the Kemper as Favorites, all Rigs etc.?

• You can sort rigs in Rig Manager by any Column header now.

For example:

In the "My Kemper" folder, it displays All Rigs.

if you click on the Favorites Column header, Your Favorites will all be sorted together in the list, and all the Non-Favorites will be sorted together.

Or, you could sort by Author, or any other Column header.

You can also select which Column headers to display.

• One correction:

Effect types are the algorithms as such and part of the OS. You cannot create nor delete those. Changes and additions to effect types can only be implemented via upgrading the OS. That part is true!

But if you load a type, it doesn't load with default settings. All the parameters other than type itself are maintained. If you for example had a Phaser with Rate 1.6 s and Ducking +0.3 and now load Flanger via TYPE knob, the Rate stays at 1.6 s and Ducking at +0.3. The same applies to all other parameters. Even if the current type doesn't include one of the parameters e. g. Drive. Drive is still maintained in the background from the last time it has been used in that particular module e. g. module D and will show up next time you load another type including Drive into that module.

So selecting types is the way to change the algorithms but maintain the settings, which makes it convenient to compare different algorithms.