Help With The Compressor?

• Before getting my KPA my rig consisted of a Fender '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb amp and an assortment of pedals. Whenever using a clean tone I'd kick on my trusty MXR Dynacomp compressor pedal.

This past weekend I profiled my Fender, TBH when I did it and compared the Kemper's amp with the Reference amp, I couldn't hear a difference. Even now when I listen, it sounds identical.

When I try to dial in the Compressor in the Kemper, however, I just cannot get it to do what the Dynacomp does with the sound. It's kinda hard to describe what I'm looking for. I run the Dynacomp with the Output at max and the Sensitivity between 9:00 and 10:00, just enough to barely effect the signal, then hit the front end of the Fender with a little extra oooomph (also, the drive pedals I use with the Fender sound better when they hit the front of the Fender a little harder so I dial in the comp to match that).

The other night I plugged the Dynacomp into the Kemper & the profile of my Deluxe reacted EXACTLY as the real amp does with the pedal - further testimony to just how lifelike the profiles are. While it was plugged in there I tried to mimic the sound with the onboard compressor. I got it sorta close but at band rehearsal last night I could definitely hear/feel the difference.

Can anyone with more experience with the Kemper help me out here? I have the Remote on a pedalboard and could conceivably add a Dynacomp out front but I'd prefer to keep my signal back at the Kemper if possible and use what's in there.

Thanks in advance!

• I’d just use the pedal. I use the Wampler Ego which is a more versatile dynacomp and it sounds great that way. I also use distortion pedals and a volume pedal in front too.

These profiles go to 11!

• I’d just use the pedal. I use the Wampler Ego which is a more versatile dynacomp and it sounds great that way. I also use distortion pedals and a volume pedal in front too.

That's the way I''m leaning. I was hoping to avoid sending any signal out front to the pedalboard but I'm probably going to use my wah pedal as well. I'm not happy with anything I'm getting with the Kemper wah. I downloaded a bunch of presets and imported them but it's still not the same. The biggest problems are that there's a slight delay with switching on and off (using the Misson EP-1 Kemper expression pedal connected to the Remote), it doesn't track the pedal sweeps 100% and I'm not getting the wah sound I want with it. I'll figure out another use for the Mission though so no worries. That'd probably be the best solution all the way around. Still gonna try to make the KPA's comp and wah work for a little longer though LOL!

• That's the way I''m leaning. I was hoping to avoid sending any signal out front to the pedalboard but I'm probably going to use my wah pedal as well. I'm not happy with anything I'm getting with the Kemper wah. I downloaded a bunch of presets and imported them but it's still not the same. The biggest problems are that there's a slight delay with switching on and off (using the Misson EP-1 Kemper expression pedal connected to the Remote), it doesn't track the pedal sweeps 100% and I'm not getting the wah sound I want with it. I'll figure out another use for the Mission though so no worries. That'd probably be the best solution all the way around. Still gonna try to make the KPA's comp and wah work for a little longer though LOL!

Try experimenting with connecting the Mission pedal directly to the inputs on the back of the KPA. It's a bummer with the extra leads, but a cable snake makes short work of that.