Odd Boot Up Behavior...

• So for some reason, when I boot my KPA and the Remote to performance mode, to the first rig in the first performance, when the Remote comes on line, the #2 button on the top row lights up and that effect comes on in the KPA. For this particular rig, I have a phaser loaded. If I turn the phaser off, either on the KPA or via the remote, then save the entire performance, the next time I boot the KPA, once the remote comes on line, that switch lights up and the phaser comes on.

If I switch to another performance, then back, that switch doesn't light up, nor is the corresponding effect engaged. If I boot to Browser mode then switch to Performance, it doesn't happen. It's only upon bootup to Performance Mode.

I'm running the latest firmware, 5.7.8.14528 but this happened with the last revision as well - started yesterday as best as I can tell.

What could be causing this?

• Do you have a button on the remote to activate the phaser? In that case reverse the polarity of the button.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hey musicmad, thanks for the reply. I don't know how to do this. It isn't a switch attached to the remote, it's one of the switches on the Kemper Remote, the top row buttons that you assign to turn on and off various effects slots. I don't see any polarity switched for those in the System Menu, only for switches attached to the Remote.

• Press and hold the phaser button (on the KPA) while pressing one of the fx buttons on the remote to store it's off & on there, then turn it off via the remote and save the profile. Now when you boot back up it should be in the same configuration it was when last saved.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Hey musicmad, thanks for the reply. I don't know how to do this. It isn't a switch attached to the remote, it's one of the switches on the Kemper Remote, the top row buttons that you assign to turn on and off various effects slots. I don't see any polarity switched for those in the System Menu, only for switches attached to the Remote.

Ok. I had the exact same issue. Just don't remember how I solved it :). Will get back to you when I do!

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• It’s a bug. The first Rig that’s loaded when you switch on the KPA is loaded from the edit buffer, not the actual stored performance or Rig. Switching forth and back will alleviate the problem. It’s a bug that rears it’s head every now and again when they release a new firmware. It’ll most likely be fixed in the next update, but will reappear again further down the line.

• It’s a bug. The first Rig that’s loaded when you switch on the KPA is loaded from the edit buffer, not the actual stored performance or Rig. Switching forth and back will alleviate the problem. It’s a bug that rears it’s head every now and again when they release a new firmware. It’ll most likely be fixed in the next update, but will reappear again further down the line.

To me it looks as if it is something happening when the remote is connecting. On bootup everything looks normal, but the moment the remote connects to the KPA a couple effects kick on. Switch to some other slot and back in perf-mode or switch to a different rig and back in browser and things are back to normal. I simply dont trust the KPA to load and initiate the slots in the start-up performance properly so I have made it a habit to switch a little back and forth before I get started. I suspect that there are bits of initialisation-code that still are not executed during boot. The state of rig-filters is another. If you have engaged some filter and reboot with that active you end up with an empty list of rigs in browser-mode. The unit should of course not only load the previously selected filter during boot, but also execute a search with that filter. Instead you have to mess about and re-select/apply the given filter to get back to the state the unit was in before it was shut down.