Option to Save Various Output Levels When Saving Output Preset

• When I use my KPA live I have to keep my Master Output set to -18db. Not sure why but whatever, it's not a problem. When I play it at home or rehearsal then I set the output level accordingly, but for gigs, always -18db. i have a preset saved for gigging but have to remember to set it back to -18db LOL! My soundman isn't too happy with me when I forget, which I've already done a couple times :-o

• The output from the KPA is hot, and will distort the pa desk if you’re running the main outs in to mic preamps. There’s a -12dB softswitch in the Output menu that only affects the main output.

I have this ticked at all times and use spdif or the monitor out in the studio/at home.

• The output from the KPA is hot, and will distort the pa desk if you’re running the main outs in to mic preamps. There’s a -12dB softswitch in the Output menu that only affects the main output.

I have this ticked at all times and use spdif or the monitor out in the studio/at home.

I also have this ticked. So, if I'm reading it right, I'm really at -30db (the sum of -12db and -18db)?

• Disconnect the Main Outputs from the Master Vol knob and keep the Main Out level at -18 dB.

Soundguys love me since I do this.

My Master Volume knob only affects my personal Monitor (and Headphone) volume.

I do the exact same thing - but at home I'd like to be able to use the Master knob to adjust my output level to my interface - especially when auditioning new sounds as some are really hot & heed to be turne down. Supposed I could do that with the rib volume knob but I don't wanna use that control when on any of my performances or rigs.

• I do the exact same thing - but at home I'd like to be able to use the Master knob to adjust my output level to my interface - especially when auditioning new sounds as some are really hot & heed to be turne down. Supposed I could do that with the rib volume knob but I don't wanna use that control when on any of my performances or rigs.

Well, yes, but if you’re auditioning new rigs and one should be exceedingly hot and overloads your interface this would be the perfect moment to tame it with the rig volume knob.

Just sayin. ;)

• You can use the master volume knob to adjust the level on the fly. Simply create two presets with different volume link assignments. The stage one should have main outputs unlinked from the master volume knob and the studio one should have the link activated for any output that you want to use for recording and monitoring.

• Kemper Support #1 thanks that’s a great solution. The only other thing that I would still want though is the ability to save the status of the power amp (on/off) as part of the presets. In my case I use the power amp for stage (most but not all of the time) but never use it in the studio. Therefore I would want 3 presets ; two with power amp off and one with on.

• You can use the master volume knob to adjust the level on the fly. Simply create two presets with different volume link assignments. The stage one should have main outputs unlinked from the master volume knob and the studio one should have the link activated for any output that you want to use for recording and monitoring.

I do have my output presets setup this way. The problem is that when I've adjusted the level going into my interface (which runs from the main outs to my audio interface) at home, when I switch back to my gigging output preset, the main out level is still set to wherever it was at home, even though I've switched to a different output preset.

It's not a big deal to go in and change it but remembering to do so every time I've had the KPA at home, before I start blasting out some hard chords at full output level right into my bandmates' in ear monitors, or FOH (since the gain levels on my channels on both the FOH and Monitor consoles is set for my -18db output signal) is the challenge LOL!!!!!

• +1 This is one of the things I'd like to be different in the KPA.
    I find the ability to save levels in a preset outperforms the drawbacks Mothership explains their choice with.

Still chasing a worthy one :/