Faulty Kemper?

• Bought new Kemper yesterday and have had 2 crashes already. 1 crash a few hours ago while browsing through profiles and another just now when remote lost connection with the head. Not that impressed with stability.. I was in the process of collecting together a bunch of profiles I liked in Performance mode but it doesn’t seem all that reliable and need it for some gigs coming up. Any suggestions before I start return process!?

• Which OS Version is installed on the Profiler, make sure to update your device to the current OS version.

Does an error message appear when the unit crashes?

If yes, take a picture of this message and send it to the support via the contact form on the website.

• I had version 5.5.2.13463 on it from factory yesterday when it crashed. Had the error screen and took a picture of that. Then updated to latest version and that went ok. Backed up rigs to usb stick and rig manager and added the new reverbs. Loaded up Kemper again and it got stuck loading a rig for a minute or so. Made a backup to find the ignored.txt file where I could find the problem rig but wasn’t there. 3rd problem was with foot switch disconnect. It didn’t produce an error screen - tried to switch kemper off but it stayed on for 30 secs or so then suddenly died. On booting up kemper now footswitch seems to take unusually longer to connect with Kemper. Gonna do some more troubleshooting today..

• Well, don't worry about the power-down delay; it didn't freeze then "suddenly die". That is, provided you used the chicken knob to switch it off. The software would have been doing a little housekeeping and it's a good thing.

Did you send the snapshot you took to Kemper Support? There's a link in my sig to the appropriate page on the main site if you wanna jump straight there.

• Yeah I made a backup and took pictures of the crash screens and now sent to support.. they are saying the footswitch issue was probably a profiler crash.. 2 crashes in 6 hours not confidence instilling - will see what they say but erring on the side of returning it today

• I have only seen something like this a few times when trying to go through rigs very very fast. Like press the up-down-left-right button as fast as you can and I did get the everything is hanging and even the chicken head won't turn the box off. Like you said, it does power down after a normal power down period, just does not show it on the screen.

Since then we just got a little more careful with the rig change and wait ~1 second between changing rigs. Have not seen the issue since.

• Yeah that’s what happened with the first crash, was scrolling through reasonably quickly then got the error. Been contacting support and they found a faulty rig - not sure how that got there as the unit was only a few hours old. Told to delete that rig from my kemper but it wasn’t there at time of 2nd crash when remote died though. Very confusing. Will give the unit a blast with the repaired backup today and hopefully there are no more problems

• It will be interesting to see if it has resolved the issue. Like many above I’ve not really had a crash in 3 years. I think I have had a couple of issues with rig manager being connected in performance mode which was a known issue but knowing that I haven’t done that since and all as been well.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

• No crashes since I got my backup repaired by tech support. Turns out that the latest update was supposed to fix a faulty rig causing system problems and delete it from the system. Mine stayed there even after the update though so it’s gone through to the developers to check why. 2nd crash could have been unrelated. Think I had just had a very unlucky 1st day with my Kemper! No problems today though, fingers crossed