how to know what effect preset i used?

• Hey , maybe silly question , but i cant find how you find the preset i selected on a profile ?
    Like if i used the ping pong delay preset , tweak it a bit . And then come back to the profile few days later and forgot which preset i used
    How can i know what i selected? :s ( i only see the module )

• save the setting as a new preset, maybe with your initials in the name.

for example

user name = Foxbilder

preset name = "fb <some name>"

edit:

re-read your question.

do you mean you changed the preset but didn't save the rig?

In this case I'm afraid you have to go through the presets again and look for what sounds right.

Always save your work!

• The point is, if you tweaked it as you mentioned at the beginning, it is not the preset anymore.

An effect preset is an effect type with specific settings with a given name like "Ping Pong". If you tweak the settings, all your current state has in common with the preset "Ping Pong" is the effect type displayed on the left. In fact your current settings could now be closer to another preset or even identical to another preset. Settings in various presets could be very different, or very similar, or even identical. So a statement like "currently using preset Ping Pong with tweaks" would not be logically correct.

• Foxbilder welcome to the wonderful world of Kemper file management. From what they have said above, I now don't know what to call what I formerly called presets, so bare with me...

You cannot edit and save to an effect/stomp file; if you edit a stomp/effect you have to save it as a new file. You can have many different files named the same name. If you incorporate an effect/stomp into a rig, you will not be able to tell what file you based it upon. Etc.

• There is only one Wah Wah. Everything else is just a combination of settings for that effect that someone thinks sounds like XY or Z pedal. Same with other FX like the Kemper Drive. With other modelling systems the effects are hard coded to mimic individual pedals but the Kemper takes the approach of just giving you a n extremely flexible Fx engine which can create a range of sounds far wider than any individual pedal. This allows users to create sounds which may resemble favourite settings from multiple pedals without needing to look for the correct pedal preset. The presets on the list aren’t different Wahs like the Helix etc have but are just intended to give users an idea of what the engine is cable of to start them creating their own personal tones. As others have said above, and Kemper have said repeatedly, As soon as you tweak any parameter you no longer have the “preset”. By comparison if you have a Tube Screamer preset in the Helix or Axe it will still be a TS even if you adjust one of the knobs; not so with the Kemper.

• The point is, if you tweaked it as you mentioned at the beginning, it is not the preset anymore.

An effect preset is an effect type with specific settings with a given name like "Ping Pong". If you tweak the settings, all your current state has in common with the preset "Ping Pong" is the effect type displayed on the left. In fact your current settings could now be closer to another preset or even identical to another preset. Settings in various presets could be very different, or very similar, or even identical. So a statement like "currently using preset Ping Pong with tweaks" would not be logically correct.

That is of course correct. Though more often than not many users rely on presets with minimal tweaks, so it would still be very valuable to see which preset was the starting point. Add an * if it was tweaked. Even beyond recognition.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM