Headphone out sound issue

• Hi guys,

Just bought my second Kemper, x years ago I had the rack version and toured with it, quit playing altogether, an now got back into it. Only playing at home, so bought myself the toaster. Happy as can be this and that, all the good stuff. Problem though: the headphones out sounds absolutely horrendous. Tinny, metallic, sometimes the sound breaks up, very digital. It's a disaster. I played with the Space setting, doesn't help much. Makes it sound better, I see what some people are saying when they recommend it, but doesn't take away that underlying overly digital sound. I have a Line6 pocket pod here as well, which sounds disgustingly similar to it. Is it my headphones? I have tried 2: Sennheiser MB 660 and Sennheiser Urbanite XL. The MB660 sounds even worse, hardly anything comes through. Disclaimer: I'm using a 3.5 mm jack to 1/4" little converter. Would that be the culprite?

Btw: got a Laney FRFR here, sounds absolutely awesome. I do want to practice and play in the later hours though, and would like a nice sound :-p

• if there is an adapter involved, that's the first thing I'd be suspicious of.

the headphones you mention are wireless/geared towards mobile devices (3.5mm).

Can you check the sound of the Headphone output with a 'decent' 1/4" headphone?

Will try as soon as I get a hold of one, I'll ask around, thx. Hopefully, that's the issue. Can you recommend me a good one that you have experience with?