Transpose doesn't work right

• Hi all,

I have upgraded the OS to the latest 5.7.8, so the Transpose is there (accessible from the Rig catalog)

It works ok when I play distorted powerchords, but is hardly usable when I take single notes. E.g., when I set it to -4 (C min over E min ) to practice that famous legato solo in the last part of In The Name of God by DT, the sound is very thin and unnatural. There is some latency too, but the sound isn't good enough for performance anyway, so it is ok to practice. The worst part is that I hear the 2 notes simultaneously, and this goes on at any volume level that I've tried

I've seen an old thread where there were the same issues but people advised to upgrade, but mine IS the latest.
    Any cues as to how to cure this?
    Thanks

• There never was any bug that would have caused this type of issue (2 notes simultaneously) and therefore updating the software would not change anything. Please try to record the resulting sound from one of the line outputs of the PROFILER to verify that you are not hearing the dry (unprocessed) signal of your guitar and the transposed one.

Transpose always added a certain amount of latency and the further you transpose the more impact it will have on the quality of the sound.

• I can't record the signal now, but I checked my Output menu right now, and it reads as follows:
    Output Section / Output Source [Page 1/6]
    Main Output - Master Stereo (I feed it into a pair of Yamaha HS7 near field monitors from the XLR jacks)
    Monitor Output- Off
    Direct Output - Off
    SPDIF Output - Off

If I get it right, there shouldn't be a mix of dry and processed signal under these assignments..?

• We suspect you hear the guitar directly - not via the PROFILER - and that original signal gets mixed with the transposed signal of the PROFILER - not in the PROFILER but in your ears. That even happens with headphones. You would not be the first experiencing that phenomenon. The unamplified strings of your guitar are quite loud. That's why we asked you to record the PROFILER signal and just listen to the recording. You could also monitor the PROFILER signal, while somebody else is playing guitar in the neighbor room with door closed.

• As Burkhard says, the guitar itself is often surprisingly loud. I recently had a problem with a transposed rig where I could still hear the clean signal in the orignal key. It was driving me crazy and I started to thnk there was something written ng woth my Kemper. I had recently done a software update so started to assume there might be a bug. However, as I started tried uble shooting methodically it turned out to be nothing to do with the Kemper.

In my case I was trying t familiarise myself with my new IEMs and was even practicing with them at home. The levels were loud enough that I didn’t expect to hear direct guitar (especially when I had custom fitted ear moulds). I Felt like a total idiot when I finally tracked down the culprit. My guitar strat was resting against the IEM cable and the sound of the guitar was vibrating against the cable and travelling straing into my ears :D

• I wouldn't believe... I didn't believe
    I used all of the length of my cable, went out of the room and closed the door, while my wife recorded the sound from the speakers.
    The sound from the speakers doesn't contain any doubling notes . You are totally right! My ears and brain are picking the sound of the strings from the guitar itself even though the sound from the speakers is quite loud. Amazing! I could swear both of the notes of the interval were overdriven. A very interesting psychological effect.

BTW it was very strange and difficult playing and hearing the guitar in the corridor and the transposed sound from the Kemper from the room at the same time

Thanks all, thanks Kemper!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Don't feel stupid. You're not the only one. Been there, done that.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau