Are using the 'rmpacheo AC20' rig? What have you changed?

• Easily the most popular and generally referenced 'free' rig in the history of Kemper. Has been voted on over twice as many times as the 2nd and 3rd place rigs combined.

This is a two part question:

(1) does the rig import from the Exchange for you with these exact same settings?

AMP comp - +3.8

AMP volume - +8.3

EQ - bass +0.6, mid +1.5, treb 0.0, pres -0.6

CAB - high shift +0.4, low shift +0.3

B slot EQ - 1250 +2.8, 2500 +7.0, 5000 +1.9, 10000 +0.9, volume +0.8

RIG - dly+rev mix +56%, rig volume -4.0

(2) If yes, have you changed anything and how so?

AMP comp, volume, EQ, and CAB shift, and RIG dly+rev all set to 0.0.

Graphic EQ (B) replaced with a studio EQ (X) with some tight Q 1.5 dB cuts @ 120 and 2800

Other than the obvious change in del+rev, none of this really effected the basic tone of the rig.

It did removed some sizzle when strumming chords high up on the neck.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

Edited once, last by don1960lp ().

• This is still the rig I have been using 95% of the time, since 2012.

Personally I set amp volume and rig volume to zero as well as the cab high and low shift. Also my amp EQ is at zero.

This is how the profile should have come out right after profiling, and everything else is tweaking after.

Also my amp compressor is set fairly high, at 4.5, but that's my personal preference.

As for effects I always have my own settings and discarded the settings that came with the rig.

• This is still the rig I have been using 95% of the time, since 2012.

Ever check the other two rigs by Ruppert? He used rmpacheo's rig as a baseline so the weird settings are in there.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• Hi,

I turned the amp comp down to zero, to remove some noise when using single coils...great profile.

Cheers,

Greg

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• Here's mine (settings not listed are at 0):

GAIN: 2.7 (Morph 3.8)

EQ

Bass: +.6

Middle: +1.5

Presence: -0.6

AMPLIFIER

Clarity: 4.0

Tube Shape: 5.6

Definition: 5.1

Power Sagging: 1.7

Pick: -1.0

Compressor: 3.0 (Morph 3.8)

Volume: 0.0 (Morph 4.4 dB)

CABINET (Morgan 1x12 Absolute)

High Shift: -0.4

Low Shift: -0.3

Stomp A - Compressor

Intensity: 5.5

Attack: 5.0

Mix: 45%

Volume: +0.5

Stomp D - Treble Booster

Tone: 2.1

Mix: 100%

X slot - Studio Equalizer

Low Gain: -2.4dB

Low Freq: 185 Hz

High Gain: 0.0

High Freq: 5015 Hz

Mid1 Gain: 1.3 dB

Mid1 Freq: 1007 Hz

Mid1 Q-Factor: 0.707

Mid2 Gain: 4.0 dB

Mid2 Freq: 1500 Hz

Mid2 Q-Factor: 0.707

Low Cut: 21 Hz

High Cut: 33500 Hz

Volume: +0.7

Mix: 100%

DELAY - Legacy Delay

Mix: 47%

Delay 1 Time: 423 ms

Delay 2 Ration 75%

Bandwidth: 1.1

Frequency: -1.2

Modulation: 6.4

REVERB - Legacy Reverb

Mix: 51%

Decay Time: 2.110 s

Room Size: Hall

Predelay: 93 ms

High Damp: 4.5

Bandwidth: 0.8

Mid Frequency: +2.2

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Whenever I've tried using it, I zero the High and Low Shift , turn off all EQ & effects and I zero Amp volume and rig volume, so its basically the "untweaked" profile, as it would have been right after profiling. To me thats the way it sounds best, but I must admit for the same type of tone I always default to Mbritts /13 profiles instead.

• Just to be clear, does a new profile always have defaults at 0.0 and then the settings are adjusted by a user after the fact? Seems strange to go in and increase amp volume AND decrease rig volume, or am I missing something? Also the massive shift in DLY+RVB mix doesn't make much sense. I guess there's always a method to the madness with this stuff. Hope the folks with profiling experience can share some insight on this.

• I think the shift in DLT+RVB mix is a result of the rigs being converted to work with the new OS. It appears to me that every rig I open now seems to have this set +58. I’ve no idea why it is defaulting to this but its a PITA.

I just realized the same thing yesterday! I'm going to check the most recent additions to RE today and will report back.

EDIT: Whatever this is it's not widespread. Auditioned the original AC20 rig, a few before it, and a few very recent. Checked the mix of each in the Exchange and then loaded the file on the KPA and re-checked. The AC20 was the only one at +58. Weird.

Edited once, last by don1960lp ().

• I think the shift in DLT+RVB mix is a result of the rigs being converted to work with the new OS. It appears to me that every rig I open now seems to have this set +58. I’ve no idea why it is defaulting to this but its a PITA.

Has anyone reported this as an issue?

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10