Lock Code

• Would it be possible to have a key code to get into the Kemper like a smartphone? My Kemper is often left turned on at shows and I don't feel secure when the crew are busy with other things between soundcheck and show.

Anyone could change settings or plug in a USB stick to take a copy of rigs.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Interesting! What is that?

I had a look and it is a physical usb shaped piece of metal with a key to release it. You could protect someone taking your rigs, but not tampering with the Kemper controls I guess.

My best solution is remove your Kemper if it is a long break before your performance, or put the front rack case on if you have that unit.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I had a look and it is a physical usb shaped piece of metal with a key to release it. You could protect someone taking your rigs, but not tampering with the Kemper controls I guess.

Well, this was my impression too. If this is the case, it is not a solution re: the feature the OP has requested.

Ther are circumstances where you can't decide how to manage your KPA, for example in festivals, open mic nights, shared stages, where the soundman wants all the performers to set their stuff and soundchek before the show, and then you just have a couple of minutes for turnarounds when it's your turn.

So, definitely +1 for a lock code.
    It might be kept quite simple, for example after 5 attempt you have to input the unit's ID: this would be enough in normal circumstances in order to avoid accidental editing or a fast attempt at "playing" with the unit. The most complete option would the that the owner has the option to create a proprietary pw, which could be automatically retrieved by inspecting own user profile on this forum.

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• An USB lock stick is not the same as a code that can protect your Kemper from unwanted changes.

I also would like to have the possibility to lock my Kemper via code and left it for some minutes on stage switched on but unprotected/unwatched by band members/soundguys.

• You cannot block other guys Kemper if your have, f.e., a master password to unlock your own Kemper.

Come on guys, this is a basic setting on lot of devices and it works all over the world.

Not cool, that Kemper still doesn‘t have it!

• Well. My old amps, mostly Marshall and Boogie, were on stand by.

And if somebody changed my settings, within some seconds the settings were restored.

With the Kemper, that‘s different.

If somebody on stage changes something in the Kemper, first you have to search what was changed. Or you have to restore everything.

My concerns are not about other bands, but about organizer or pubs hoster or sometimes even audience (in pubs) who can access the equipment very easily.

Sometimes switching off the Kemper is not very practical because the Kemper needs some time to load and the attached equipment sometimes does not like switching off a gear, f.e. an active monitor box.

Edited once, last by music ().

• Or Kemper could just add a lock code option. Given than there is no numeric key pad we would need to enter it with the scroll wheel. That would be SO cool. I could feel like O was trying to crack the code to a safe in Oceans Eleven or Mission Impossible every time I start playing. Much awesomeness. i would take the stage feeling like Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise (only taller) at every gig :D

• I just shut it off and take the power cable with me.

Not practical if, as I described, you have to set your gear before the show and then have to get onto stage and play in 2'.

If this is a realistic concern, I suggest being more selective about the other bands you have onstage with you.

As if you could always choose? ;)

I am sure, that a software lock would generate a lot of annoying support requests for Kemper: "Please help, I forgot my lock code."

Not if, as I suggested, your code is stored on your control panel in this very forum, or the device's S/N is used as PUK

Still chasing a worthy one :/

Edited once, last by pippopluto ().