It's official!! Mark Knopfler uses Kemper on tour!

• Thank you ! Just back from MK concert. He still has this Incredible Tone on his Les Paul - assuming that he is using Kemper now. Missed quite some more upbeat songs, but still great concert from the maestro !

Just listened to your sample - sounds great and very similar to what i just heard as tone at the concert . Mille Grazie like he said in Milan concert !

• There is a Money for Nothing rig available on Rig Manager which is spot on for me.

I uploaded mine (Allex), made with a tone match cabinet,

use the bridge pickup (HB), play it hard with fingers.

I hope you can find it useful

Money For Nothing Marshall JTM 1 50th KNOPL-MONEY2 Allex
  • All my life i have tweaked my amps and guitars just to sound like MK! all my Kemper profiles almost are tweaked to sound like MK sound! I dont realy think he is tweaking anything at all on his amps anymore.. he only have a volumepedal on stage, and the techs are preapering all the switshing for him. I dont think anyone will get any information on his profiles! :)

But it was realy fun to hear my biggest influenser is using Kemper now..

• Check and enjoy this great video of his entire show in Barcelona/Spain. Great audio. :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• In related news, Mark Knopfler is retiring!

After the Kemper, now he's seen everything! :D

Is he still retiring from touring ? The first concerts he clearly said it, but in Brussels he was more vague about it. So let’s see what actually happens. He clearly said he would continue writing songs and recording.

• Hi Everyone,

I saw him in London. He said that people kept asking him if he would retire, but went on to say how much he loved playing and how he enjoyed taking his songs out on the road...

It didn’t sound like he was hanging up the head band and Les Paul just yet.

He’s still a great performer, consummate songwriter and guitar genius. His tone was crystal clear on the night (no pun intended).

I saw him on his previous tour too and I would say his tone was better this time round.

Cheers

Pre-Amp

• I guess he's taking it easy. I mean he's 70 year old so...I hope I can still play guitar and use my kemper when I'm 70. And still be alive too.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• sure ??

Yes. Apparently he and Marcus are friends and played together for years. Marcus confirmed that Mark is using some of his Dumble profiles and mentioned session at his studio etc in a post elsewhere on the forum.

Edit x just realised its post 18 on page one of this thread ?

• This thread made me stick my headphones on and listen to Love Over Gold and Making Movies this afternoon. Damn, those are some FINE tones!!!

I wonder what Mark's user name is on the forum. Maybe he's one of the guys constantly asking for a Kemper 2 floor unit with dual amp profiles and more effects recently :D

Just to clarify, Marcus Cliffe's Dumbel profiles are apparently being used by Mark Knopfler?

Also, Do you know where i can access the free Celestion profiles .I bought the Blue pack the other day and wanted to test out the free profiles.

Thanks

JR