Ground Control Pro vs RJM mastermind LT

• To start off, the reason I'm not looking at the remote is because I have a couple different setups that I like to use for different things, so I want a universal Midi controller.

Now that thats out of the way, I looking to get a midi controller for the Kemper. Back in the day I had always wanted to get a GCP, but that was before all the other options became available. Lately Ive been looking at the Mastermind LT, and was dead set on getting it, but I have the option to get a brand new GCP for quite a bit less. The price difference would be about $120 dollars. From what Ive read, the RJM stuff is super easy to use with the kemper, and requires very little messing around. Any have experience with both? I'm still leaning towards the Rjm, but if the GCP work fine, and not too complicated, Would consider it instead.

• For $120 and a tiny footprint by comparison? Matermind all day, every day.

If the money is an issue.....find that pedal you haven't used in forever and throw it on Reverb. :)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I don’t have any experience of the GPC but do have an RJM Mastermind PBC.

You are cottect that theRJM stuff is super easy to set up. If you are having any problems Ron is amazing at helping you solve them (it’s almost always user error because the device is just SO powerful with so many options).

I am sure the GPC will be able to most things a usermight need also though so for me the decision would come down To:

1 does size matter for either space on stage or transporting?

2 how many footswitches do you need to have instantly available? If you jus want to change midi presets then a few buttons and bank up/down is enough but if you wantinstant access to individual stomps or FX then the GPC probably has the edge.

The most important thing is to sit down are really think about how you want to use it then the answer will probably make itself clear to you.

• I use the GCP (combined with the GCX Audio Switcher) and I feel so good that I never felt the need to replace it. The main advantage is that you can control both the kemper and 8 analog pedals in addition (for example external overdrives). You can also connect two expression pedals. The only limitation is perhaps that with the GCP it is not possible to control the kemper's looper.

• I have an RJM MMGT 10 and a Voodoo Lab GCX. Note that the GCX is fully supported by the Mastermind controllers.
    I had a GCP and sold it.

I agree with Alan that Ron at RJM is extremely helpful. In fact, Ron is aware of the impending OS 7 upgrades on the Kemper and he's promised to support the changes.

I have a fairly complex rig. The MMGT has full support for my Kemper, GCX, and TC Electronic G-Major. The Mastermind software has full support from many MIDI controllable devices such as pedals from many manufacturers, Mesa Boogie J2PC and TC-50/100 amps, and even Sound Sculpture's Switchblade matrix switchers.

I use the GCX to control my analog pedals, reverb and effects loop on/off, and amp channel switching. I use multiple amps, and can set up so that they incorporate different effects, from pedals, the G-Major and even from my Universal Audio Apollo.

I can set up so that I can change to a completely different performance om all devices with a single button press. Or I can set up to change a preset on a pedal or the Kemper in mid song.

The easy integration and control of my rig makes the Mastermind a no brainer choice for me.

• Thank you everybody for the replies! I have a inserting tale for everybody... Note that all prices mentioned are Canadian!

I hadn't really thought about the pedals in about a week. While on lunch today I just happened to feel inclined to check out the site that I was planning on buying one of these. Even before I made my original post, I was thinking about getting the RJM already, but I wanted to check too see what others thought. The first thing I went to was the MMLT, and low and behold, it was 15% off! Naturally I placed an order. When All was said and done, it cost $528 shipped to my Door! I actually got it for cheaper then the list price of $550 for the GCP (mind you, it was 20%, and would have come to $492, so that made price a non issue)!

I guess that Old saying is true..... Good things come to those who wait :)