SOLVED :-D 1U Kemper rack!

• When the editor is out, i'd love a smaller rackprint Kemper. It doesn't have to have all functions available through menus and so on. Just hook it up to a computer if you need to edit :)
    Either that or a small footprint performance player in pedal format!

I have to use a Helix LT for fly gigs and i'd love to go 100% Kemper for everything!

• Yep. I never understood why they went with the form factor. Just make this thing twice as long, but flatter. The internals would easily fit in a normal 40cm, 1U rack unit. Make it 2U for the powered version. But the 3U form factor is just impractical.

Yes! I've opened it up once and there's a lot of room. I think all the edit possibilities on the front is what makes it have to be so large. They could sell a recabinet kit when the editor is out :)

• If they made it 1U there wouldn’t be space for the screen and all the knobs so you would need to step through many more menus to make and changes. For me the genius of the KPA is that everything is so instantly accessible that you don’t need to mess around with iPad or computer editors. Just plug in and treat it like an old school amp. I can still remember all those 1980’s and 90’s 1U rack processors like the JMP1, ADA, Rocktron etc. The only one that was convenient to use was the Mesa Triaxis which I still have (but rarely ever turn on these days) but it didn’t do a fraction of what the Kemper does. I can see any way to make the KPA so user friendly in a 1U format.

• If they made it 1U there wouldn’t be space for the screen and all the knobs so you would need to step through many more menus to make and changes. For me the genius of the KPA is that everything is so instantly accessible that you don’t need to mess around with iPad or computer editors. Just plug in and treat it like an old school amp. I can still remember all those 1980’s and 90’s 1U rack processors like the JMP1, ADA, Rocktron etc. The only one that was convenient to use was the Mesa Triaxis which I still have (but rarely ever turn on these days) but it didn’t do a fraction of what the Kemper does. I can see any way to make the KPA so user friendly in a 1U format.

It's not a request for the exact same functions we already have. A computer only editable device for gigging musicians that don't need to adjust anything for a couple of months is what i'm looking for :)

• Yep. I never understood why they went with the form factor. Just make this thing twice as long, but flatter. The internals would easily fit in a normal 40cm, 1U rack unit. Make it 2U for the powered version. But the 3U form factor is just impractical.

I like the Profiler's UI. A lot. It's also the reason why many users love it :)

It's not a request for the exact same functions we already have. A computer only editable device for gigging musicians that don't need to adjust anything for a couple of months is what i'm looking for :)

He was responding to a post from mybyte, that seemed to refer to the current form factor.

I wonder if the ability for the device to be able to profile rather than just play profiles has a legal/copyright angle to it.

... Wrong thread? :D

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• Just stopping in for my bi-monthly request for a floor unit. Thanks!

Just feel free to stop...Only joking :)

I am totally on the fence with a floor unit ( don;t want to open the debate though) because I also use like a conventional amp, with the power amp. I don;t look at my fellow guitarist with Helix envy at all, but I get the 1 unit vs 2.

The perfect ansdwer for me is to have the remote be able to store and play profiles independently but still require the KPA fr set up, profiling etc. So you;d still have to buy both but a choice on what I take with me. Some gigs just a floor unit, other gigs I want both, mainly when I want to use a guitar cab at the back of the stage....