A Battle of the Gods! Christoph K. versus Jim M.! Who wins the Gold Medal of true Distortion in London 2K12? (Fun!!)

• Hi Folks,

on my site i have released a one-on-one comparison between the real AFD and the profile i have made a few days ago.
    i think it will be fun. do you not only hear a difference, but are also able to guess which one is the real one?
    i am very curious and happy, if you have a go at this game ^^ .
    here is the link: http://www.geraldos-school-of-…aufnahmen_KPA-Battle.html

is the real one A1 or B2?? hmmm ...

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• I prefer A1.....so I will stay coherent and say:
    A1= KPA
    B2= Amp

From the quality of the sound they could be both amp or Kemper, the first one is a bit more dark (what I like) so I'm probably wrong, but I vote on the principle :D :D :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• There is a _huge_ difference, I highly doubt anyone would not hear it.B2 sounds like either an unrefined or modified KPA profile of the AFD to me, but then it could be the other way around.
    Still, B2 sounds much better to me, although I could imagine a use for the A1 sound, too.
    Might wanna share this profile?:)

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• Thank you very much indeed for sharing your opinions this far.

I won´t give the answer away yet. But a few comments:

@guitarnet: yes, A1 is just this tiny little bit "darker", but hmm..., what does that mean?
    Jimmyno: uh-huh, mmmhh ..., maybe
    richaxes: you can download it; it is in the pool already, number 26 first page, enjoy it!
    tylerhb: done the refining three times, used the sm57@same positions and so forth
    if something has gone wrong ― and i am far from beeing an expert studiowise, so that MAY BE
    the case ― then: whatdyasay, which one is the real amp miked. i like both of them, but
    personally i prefer B2

to be continued soon ... 8)

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• @guitarnet: yes, A1 is just this tiny little bit "darker", but hmm..., what does that mean?

KPA tend to sound a bit brighter and more open then the reference amp (good thing, it help to cut through) so the first one is probably the amp (compared to the second one) but I like it more. I'm going to download the profile, even if is the second one I can tweak it to sound like the first :D :D . Thanks anyway!

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• B1 sounds way better to me... this should be the AFD.
    A1 is really dull... and sounds like a Led Zeppelin version.

Nomatter what... something wen't horribly wrong. These sounds should be identical if the profilling was done correctly.

If I had to chose one, I'd say B1 is the amp - because I know that the AFD is super bright.
    A1 would be the KPA.

...or, you're pulling our legs here and both are the KPA, just with different cabs :D

• Honestly, this is what i think but i didn't dare saying it :D

• More tonight or tomorrow, as we do not have 7 right answers.
    but be sure, i am not "pulling your legs" here ― because i am no native speaker, i haven´t heard this,
    but i guess it means playing a fun-pun-game-thing (??) ― and this is no foul game here!

but yes ― it IS FUN to me, because:

With all of this tohoowabohoo i want to share one thing: what a great thing the KPA is!

look: my marshall´s weight is 22 kg, i am older than fifty, and the kpa´s weight is what? near nuthin´!
    AND i have 500 more sound available in 3 secs. wow! and it sounds like a real amp, no matter what.

but, please go ahead, folks :P

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().

• Some of you are on the right track!

but no foul game here. one track was recorded live, the other one D.I.

cu

• When you refined did you do short sessions as they show in the videos or 3 long (10 or more minutes per session) sessions refining it? I find a single longer session playing all sorts tends to be much more effective than several short sessions.

You also need to have a DAW plugged in to record the results as regardless of what anyone claims you simply can't compare the amp and profile while the amp is playing. For one thing the amp itself masks the profiles sound, especially at the lower end, and for another unless you set up a room very specially for profiling with distances between amp, seat and monitors then you end up with severe phase issues between the amp and speaker/profile that mean they can never sound the same (the Profiles phase is different ).

• Yup a big difference, and I do prefer the darker (A1). I just like thick sound and the B1 just isn't warm enough for me. It's too modern sounding to me.

My guesses:
    A1: AFD
    B1: Kemper