Ionosphere & formant demos collective thread

• Hi ! Feel free to post your audio & video demos in this collective thread

here is my 1st attempt :

Goblins in the ionosphere

I just installed the 6.0 OS and had a quick recording session, as I was very inspired by the new verbs.

I took some tricks & tweaks , I most often set the mix to 100% wet to mask the guitar , and then get the pads only. Sometimes you'll hear the attack then the pads swelling up in the background.

There are at least 6 settings in this demo, absolutely no synths , just a strat & my KPA , and most of the times 3 tracks only plus the drums.

Enjoy , I think it really opens some doors in creative pads experiments and choirs ( hear the male then the female in the mid section ) .

Sounds a bit like an old goblin soundtrack to me ? :evil: ?

• Waraba: That sounds so cool! The beginning to me brings to mind Return of the Night of the Living dead sort of feel....then get's into almost James Bond; finally extro with some ambient more happy tail.

Loved it.

• I think that they can be successfully used as an independent instrument

Cool sound....looks like I'll be taking this for a spin in the 80s

Waraba: That sounds so cool! The beginning to me brings to mind Return of the Night of the Living dead sort of feel....then get's into almost James Bond; finally extro with some ambient more happy tail.

Loved it.

Thx a lot :) Yes , vintage goblin was the first thing that came into my mind while trying the last presets, they'll have lots of appeal for soundtracks , ambient & electro music.

and yeah , these pads sure get you back in time , with an analog feel. It will take some time to master them, but see lots of possibilities in these , especially the choirs.

I highly recommend the baritone preset , used in the intro and also the short electric fuzzy tones you can get with super short attack & decay , high vowels

• Another great one from Per, a well known stakhanovist recorder :

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi!

My latest profiling/programming session coincided with the release of the public beta and I underscored the melody in this clip with a new rig ("Angel Voices") with the Ionosphere reverb made specifically for this tune. The tune is not by any means finished, but I wanted to give interested KPA owners a chance to hear that you can make "normal" music with the non guitar profiles/rigs I make.

Hope you like it!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

• First noodle with the Formant reverb. I like it!

External Content www.instagram.com

• I underscored the melody in this clip with a new rig ("Angel Voices") with the Ionosphere reverb

excellent choice, I dig the choirs too, I'm bound to test some harmonized lines + choirs next

First noodle with the Formant reverb. I like it!

sounds sweet Sam , you balanced the guitar vs the pad nicely, I guess it's the key to get these verbs sounding great & interesting.

• I finally found the time to do the update, so thought I'd have a go. This is with the Ionosphere reverb, I look forward to playing with the Formant reverb in the coming days as well.