Improve the sound of piezo-equipped guitars

• Piezoelectric technology is probably the most common amplification method currently used for acoustic stringed instruments.
    Some love it just because its sonic character, many hate it. Most musicians just live with it.

Of all the devices meant to improve the sound of piezo acoustic guitars, the one that most impressed me has been TC-Electronics' BodyRez both because of its simplicity and its effectiveness.

For those who don't know it, here's a simple demo.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BR has been implemented since then in several devices.

I am not sure whether there's just EQ and compression going; this is definitely possible, but they seem anyway optimised and tailored in order to make a guitar sound better, closer to mic'ing it.

It would be great if such a concept was available in the Kemper ecosystem. There are lots of acoustic guitarists that rely on the KPA for their performances, to not mention other kind of instrumentalists.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Still chasing a worthy one :/

Edited once, last by pippopluto ().

• There are some very good profiles for BodyRez on the RigExchange. Search for Bommel's BodyRez or the ones from Blugeniale. Both good. I like Bommel's very much on my Taylor.

• Yep, I am aware of them; those are just profiles tho, they don't seem to apply the BR effect on your guitar... or at least you can't dose the effect specifically for your acoustic...

Chances are the KPA can't properly profile BodyRez... I have never tried a BR profile that gave me the effect of the hardware.

I really believe it would be an extraordinary option for acoustic players.

Still chasing a worthy one :/